Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: An anniversary  (Read 1737 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
An anniversary
« on: February 14, 2009 at 07:10 PM »
I really thought February 28th would be the hardest day. That is the day in 2008 that we had our "big" ultrasound at 19 weeks, only to find out that one of our twins had died in the womb. But today has been surprisingly tough. Tonight we're getting together with all the same family members we had dinner with last year on the weekend after Valentine's Day. While we were eating dinner, I felt both my babies kick at the same time. One up high on my right side, the other down to the left by my pubic bone. It was amazing, and one of the most unreal -- yet so VERY real -- moments of my life. That night, the family was so excited and so happy.

I had a doppler a few days later, and was able to tell the nurse exactly where the babies were. We found the heartbeats with no problem. I'm trying to hold on to the good parts of these memories, but I guess it is too soon to think that I won't feel the bad parts, too. I just hope I can keep it together tonight. I haven't done a good job of that today! We have a wonderful little boy who is just the happiest person you'd ever meet, and I am so thankful.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009 at 05:02 AM by Angela Davids »