Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hello, Im new. w/ Subchorionic Hemorrhage after Preemie  (Read 3515 times)

Mommyofsoontobe3

• View Profile
Hello, Im new. w/ Subchorionic Hemorrhage after Preemie
« on: June 11, 2013 at 01:24 PM »
Hello, I am new here. I have two wonderful children already who are excitedly awaiting the new addition to our family. A quick background for you; My first pregnancy was a normal textbook pregnancy, the delivery was natural (unexpected) but I lived! My second Pregnancy I had complications. I was due with my daughter 2/10/10, she was born 1/25/09 at 29 weeks. I got sick on November 9th, and it was found that I had a staph infection in my blood (not MRSA) and later found that the bacteria was raging in the amniotic fluid as well. After many bouts of preterm labor she was born via emergency C-section a few hours after my amniocentesis.

Fast forward to today, I am 13 weeks (tomorrow) pregnant with out third. We planned this and knew we would probably encounter some complications, but thought it would be toward the end. I was wrong. At 6w 1d I went to the bathroom and started bleeding. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with a Subchorionic Hemorrhage and a cyst on my right ovary. Scariest day ever. They told me I would probably miscarry and there was nothing they could do to help me. I was immediately put on Progesterone injections and will continue them through 37 weeks. Our baby has a heartbeat of 169 and is doing well so far :) My husband is having a hard time connecting with this baby because we might still lose him/her. I take it one day at a time and hold onto each glimmer of hope that comes our way. We have another ultrasound on the 2nd of July and a bigger Genetic ultrasound around 20 weeks to rule out other issues. Its a scary time but im holding on. I am pretty sure I will be holding this baby early too, I just feel it.

Sorry for the long post! Hope all you ladies (and gents) are doing well!! Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013 at 04:31 PM by Mommyofsoontobe3 »
Brian & Bryana married since 2007, Aiden 12/19/07, Out Preemie Princess Lilyan born @ 29 weeks 11/25/09 2lbs 3 oz. #3 due 12/18/13. SCH dx 4/28/13

KayFroebel

• View Profile
Re: Hello, Im new. w/ Subchorionic Hemorrhage after Preemie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013 at 04:25 PM »
Hi there. I am terribly sorry that you have to go through this, but I am glad to see how positive you are! Try to keep hold of that! My friend was told at her 20 week ultrasound that there was an issue with the baby, and further testing tested positive from chromosome issues and she was told her baby would not make it passed 2 months of life. She is my goddaughter, and is now 4 (years). Doctors don't know everything, and the miracle of life is just that; a miracle. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and wish you a nice, easy pregnancy from here on out!

Mommyofsoontobe3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013 at 04:36 PM »
Hi KayFroebel,
Thanks for responding. I am keeping a positive outlook because if you focus on the bad you will just stress the whole time. I am not on bed rest! Yet! But im sure if this doesn't resolve soon I will be. We have a big trip to South Carolina at the end of July for my Dads wedding (from Colorado, and we are driving) I am hoping I can have the genetic ultrasound before we leave for that. also, we are moving to Washington state the week we get back from that trip. We will see how that goes depending on the ultrasound outcomes. Thank you for the support it is very much appreciated!  :D
Brian & Bryana married since 2007, Aiden 12/19/07, Out Preemie Princess Lilyan born @ 29 weeks 11/25/09 2lbs 3 oz. #3 due 12/18/13. SCH dx 4/28/13

KayFroebel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013 at 04:45 PM »
Yikes! Lots of things coming up for you! That could be a blessing in disguise though, give you something to focus on. Keeping positive is extreemely important. I learned the hard way early in this pregnancy and really went though a difficult bought of depression. My health declined so rapidly that I ended up in the hospital for a week and a half due to malnutrition and severe dehydration. Our mind controls so much more than we think. However, positive thinking (and lots of medical assistance) got me to 37 weeks against ALL odds.

Do you know if the hospital has a good NICU where you are moving to? I would definitely look in to that, considering your high risk.

Mommyofsoontobe3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
I will be going to the same hospital my daughter was born at, which is the University! We loved them :) So happy to go somewhere we are comfortable!! Im glad you made it to 37 weeks with the odds stacked against you it sounds! I am hoping to make it past 29 weeks. Fingers are crossed!!! Did you already deliver or are you still pregnant?

KayFroebel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013 at 06:00 PM »
Still pregnant... But so ready to be done!

Mommyofsoontobe3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013 at 06:57 PM »
I bet! lol.. Me too! I am ready to stop worrying lol.. soon enough! (I still have 27 more weeks lol)

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013 at 06:26 PM »
Sounds like you've kept upbeat through everything...it's hard not to worry, but you've made it into the second trimester, which is awesome! 

One thing I was going to comment on was about the SCH...eek!...it always makes me wince when they tell people that "you're probably going to miscarry" or "there's nothing we can do to stop it".  I can understand being realistic and not putting false hope into people's heads, but I don't see having a SCH means the end.  I had a very small SCH with this one and it scared the crap out of me, even thought I wasn't bleeding terribly much (I've just never bled...at all...in the first or second trimester with any pregnancy, even though I know it's "common" in the first trimester, it can still be scary and just not good!).  The doctors where I go were pretty reassuring with the SCH, and when I've mentioned it to people, there's been quite a few that have mentioned that they had the same thing and everything resolved just fine!  At least progesterone injections will help make a nice cozy home :)

Good luck!!!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

Mommyofsoontobe3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013 at 02:39 PM »
Thank you, The Progesterone seems to be doing its job so far. It was not a pleasant experience to be told that there's nothing they can do to help me. As of my last ultrasound at 10w 1d the SCH was unchanged. The cyst on my right ovary was not checked. I will be asking about them more at my next appointment on the 2nd of July. I have gone 5 weeks with no bleeds, which is good but I am not holding my breath. Hoping for good news at my next appointment. although, there may be a new set of problems; since day one of seeing these doctors I have had blood in my urine (not sure if the SCH is causing it or not), cultures have come back negative, so they want to check my kidneys. I will have to do a 24 hour urine. Hoping for answers, but hopefully its related to the SCH which will hopefully have resolved. Thanks for listening!

KayFroebel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013 at 02:24 PM »
I had the blood problem too for like a month and a half and they just kept putting me on UTI meds. Then I ended up in the ER with severe hydronephrosis as a big stone was blocking my ureter. Kidney stones are common in pregnancy and I guess can pass without us even knowing. They said I was probably passing bits for a while which were irritating things causing the blood. Then the sucker got stuck and all hell broke loose.