Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: I'm back! Second pregnancy needing bedrest **updated** bedrest baby here!  (Read 2889 times)

• View Profile
I used this site a lot with my last pregnancy---cervical funneling to 1 mm at 26 weeks and made it to 40 weeks with strict bedrest.  This time around (2.5 years later) I'm now 23w3d and funneling to 18 mm.  I was placed on modified bedrest with progesterone suppositories and will get measurements of my cervical length weekly, every Friday. 

I hope to have my 3rd full term baby (my first had no complications, induced at 41 weeks).

Hopeful, but anxious to know what will happen his time around (my last!)
This time around: I started getting measurements of my cervix starting at 16 weeks. I was on the low side of normal from the beginning, measuring 3.5 cm at 16 weeks. No cerclage was put in as I made it to term with my previous bedrest baby.  My cervix continued to funnel and by 23 weeks it was down to 1.8 cm.  I was sent to L+D to monitor for contractions and diagnosed with an irritable uterus.  I was placed on modified bedrest (new OB group, they were not fans of strict bed rest) and started on vaginal progesterone. By week 26 I was 6 mm and started on procardia for the ongoing contractions from the irritable uterus.   I was still on modified bedrest, and since my job requires only sitting and minimal activity, I had to keep working as I was not given strict bedrest and I'm the only income earner in the family (and the one who provides health insurance).  During this time, DH did everything at home, all laundry, cooking, cleaning and taking care of our two kids (ages 2 and 4).  Aside from work and doctor's visits, I never left home. Would put myself on strict bedrest as soon as I got out of work.  Week 36 I stopped the procardia and progesterone. Week 37 started being a tiny bit more active, like styling my hair instead of pulling it back into a ponytail. 
Delivered a healthy baby boy at 40 weeks and 1 day.

I still have some SPD pain (Symphysis pubis dysfunction) but its slowly getting better (that started up around week 26).

Just wanted to provide encouragement to all the ladies on bedrest.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013 at 09:42 PM by 122910 »

natalie

• View Profile
Re: I'm back! Second pregnancy needing bedrest
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013 at 09:53 PM »
this is my second time around too and I believe it works. wow you made it to 40 w last time that's great. I keep wondering how far i'll make it this time...

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013 at 06:43 PM »
Hi Natalie! Nice to have some company from a fellow second timer  ;)

Made it to 24 weeks! My next goal is 26 weeks, that's when I started strict bedrest with the last pregnancy...I'm already feeling deconditioned though with only one week of modified bedrest.  I'm much slower when I walk, and getting up a light of stairs is not easy anymore...I try to go up and down a max of 4 x but with the bathroom on only one look and drinking lots o water, that's not always easy..

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013 at 02:55 PM »
Congrats on making it to 24! Every week counts.

I feel ya, my blood pressure yesterday was 90 / 58. I felt it too, doing anything really makes me winded. I have stairs too, but luckily a bathroom on the first floor - that would be hard esp since we are suppose to not be dehydrated but not keep a full bladder either. Sigh

This is also my last pregnancy, I am trying to enjoy it as best I can. I am 32w tomorrow, at 30w with my last I was in the hospital so things are better this time around...thanks to 12 weeks of modified BR I think/hope things don't progress like last time.

• View Profile
Bedrest baby arrived 10/12 weighing 9lbs 1.5 oz, 21.5 inches long.  Baby arrived within 20 minutes of getting to the hospital!

andi-pants

• View Profile
congratulations!!