Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to this forum!  (Read 1999 times)

smox2

• View Profile
New to this forum!
« on: June 21, 2013 at 01:29 PM »
Hi! My name is Selina. This is my 5th pregnancy but no living children. My first three were early losses. It was discovered that I have two clotting disorders and had to take injections of blood thinners, extra folic acid and baby aspirin. My 4th pregnancy was difficult. I was on bed rest from 6 weeks to 11 weeks for bleeding. I was put back on bed rest after it was discovered that the baby was growth restricted and my fluid was low at 16 weeks. I stayed on home bed rest until 23 weeks when I started bleeding. I was admitted into the hospital and doc discovered I was 2cm dilated and 90% effaced. I stayed on hospital bed rest until I gave birth at 27 weeks 5 days when the blood flow through the umbilical cord had stopped. My son was 1lb 11oz and 11 inches long. He did amazing in the NICU until he got a staph infection. It was hard to get rid of and took a toll on his body. He passed away his 5th week in the NICU. Shortly after his death, I had a uterine septum removed. They believed this was the cause of his IUGR. I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant. This baby is measuring a week ahead and doing well. I had a cerclage placed at 16 weeks and I take weekly p17 injections, along with all other medications. I went into preterm labor a few days ago and was admitted into the hospital. Labor was stopped and I'm now on bed rest until this baby is born. Such a long, hard journey and I'm so ready for a baby to come home with me.

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: New to this forum!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013 at 04:18 PM »
I'm new to bed rest, and this forum, so I don't have a lot of advice. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for all of your losses, it must be really tough to have to go through all that and now be dealing with preterm labor again. I hope that you can keep your baby cooking until full term. Sending positive thoughts to you and your baby :).

smox2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013 at 04:45 PM »
Thank you! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Bed rest sucks but anything for these babies.   :D

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM »
Selina,

I hope you get to take this baby home with you; after all that, you deserve it more than anything.

...and yes, if a baby wasn't the prize I would say good-riddens to the whole BR thing.

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013 at 04:20 AM »
Hang in there Selina. You are getting closer to some big milestones each day.keep thinking positive .

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013 at 09:46 PM »
So sorry to read about your losses!! I hope things are going well since your original post!!

KateF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM »
What an amazing journey you have been through. I am wondering if you are still on this forum and if you are still pregnant? I hope so for your and your baby's sake.
 Send an update if you have one.
best.