Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Cal for June 24  (Read 4500 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Cal for June 24
« on: June 24, 2013 at 08:30 AM »
Welcome to another week! Who's still cookin'? Do any of you have a mantra or something you say to yourself to stay motivated during bedrest?

It was great to see so many of our newest members on the Roll Call last week! I hope we'll have a great turnout tomorrow too. Set an alarm so you don't miss it!

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

KristaL

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Cal for June 24
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM »
Hi Angela. I don't know if it's a mantra, but now every day when I wake up, I say to myself, "Yay, still pregnant!" I had been waking up feeling low ("Another day of bed rest...") until I talked to one of the nurses at my last doctor's appointment and she told me that's what she would say to herself during her 10 weeks of hospital bed rest. I was inspired by her optimism. :)

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013 at 02:06 PM »
I m going to follow that. Yes, still pregnant.

I've been down lately as my contractions have picked up, dr examined me today and said my cervix is 60% effaced and soft...but I am not dialated so that is a blessing. I'll be 32w wed.

Hope everyone had a good week!

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013 at 02:42 PM »
For me I reminded myself that every day in was 2 less in the NICU.  And that I wanted to take baby home with me! 

This week is a BIG week for me!  Last night was my FINAL doses of Procardia!  I am officially off bed-rest and letting my body do what as it wishes!! :)  I am so excited to be "done" with the pre-term labor gig--but now it's all a waiting game!  After 9 weeks of procardia and varying degree of bed rest I am so excited!!  Now, I am just wondering when this baby is coming!  I have been having smaller contractions on and off since I stopped...I have an OB appointment tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if they are doing anything! :)

You can do it ladies!  It's a long road but there IS light at the end of the tunnel!  :)
Mommy to Noah (5) Owen (3) and Jordyn (7/02/2013.  Bed rest from 04/22 due to irritable uterus and +fFn test!)

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013 at 04:29 PM »
I'm still pregnant (31 weeks now) and still on bed rest, but in hospital now. I started contracting early this morning along with some spotting and back pain. When I got to the hospital I was contracting every 4 minutes, but no change in my cervix (still 1-2cm dilated and soft). So, I'm on adalat every 2 hours, so far my contractions have slowed to every 8 minutes. I had the fFN, it was positive (again). I'm not allowed to eat until they have slowed to no more than 4-5/hour (I'm STARVING but I guess I can't eat in case I need a c-section). I've avoided the mag. sulfate so far (thankfully) and as long as the increased adalat keeps my contractions under control I can stay off of the mag. I'm on IV fluids and antibiotics but hopefully I can get the IV out tomorrow, and hopefully the adalat can go back down to every 4 hours tomorrow.

I'll be in hospital until tomorrow at the very earliest, but I've been told to expect to get discharged on Wednesday or Thursday. It sucks leaving my daughter again :( I wish she could stay in the hospital with me, these hospital stays and have been the longest I've ever been away from her and it is really starting to wear me down :(

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013 at 06:38 PM »
24 weeks and still pregnant.  My ultrasound Friday show no change in my cervix with my first week of modified bedrest (holding on at 20 mm). 
As for my mantra, I just tell myself, "you can make it Friday" ( the day I turn a new week, this Friday I'll be 25 weeks)

So excited for the mamas graduating off of procardia, I remember what that was like after 11 weeks of strict bedrest!

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013 at 05:52 AM »
28+1 today and still cooking (been on bedrest since week 21)  :) ! My next goal is 30 weeks. Next checkup for my cervix is tomorrow (wednesday), very nervous, hoping everything stayed stable (last time it was between 1.9 cm and 2.8 cm (my cervix is very dynamic and I also have funneling). Not too many contractions in the last few days so thats been great.
Hope all our babies keep cooking till full term!

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013 at 04:53 PM »
Hang in there Andi. That's rough I have a 3.5 yr old and would hate to be apart from him.

I can't believe the won't let you eat. I wonder why they would be thinking C section if they are trying to stop labor.

I hope these next few days go by quickly and you are home soon with baby in belly.

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013 at 06:48 PM »
Hi,

I'm new, but I'm at 20 weeks 5 days.  I was on MBR for 10 weeks and was graduated to FBR 3 weeks ago.  16 more to go on FBR.  Some days I do okay and others it feels like I'm in social exile.  I usually see my doctor weekly to monitor my cervix because of the number of contractions I have, but she's out of town this week.

Counting down the days to viability.  Every day in is a blessing and one day closer to baby being home with us.

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM »
I'm still hangin' out!  (not my mantra, but maybe I'll figure one out this week!).  I can remember with my first two kids I'd wake up each morning once I got to about 36 or 37 weeks and think, yup, still pregnant, except some days I wished contractions had woken me up to signal the start of labor!

Anyway, I'm 30w5d today (hooray!) and have just had a week of ups and downs, both emotionally and physically.  The emotional is probably not helping a lot of the physical, so I am trying hard just to keep occupied as best I can so I don't tense up and cry my eyes out.  I have a bit of denial sometimes, thinking that I might be totally fine to just get up and go do things, but I'm afraid to risk it.  Today and yesterday I didn't want to do anything "work" related or much of anything, really, and just wanted to nap. 

My weekly doctor's appointment is tomorrow, which I definitely look forward to!  They've been measuring amniotic fluid levels every week (I don't know why?  They never told me...), but since it's just an abdominal ultrasound, the tech has mentioned that it's hard to get a cervical length (she didn't understand exactly why the doctor's didn't order a transvaginal, but she's just going on whatever orders they write).  I'm a bit worried because I don't think taking ibuprofen is doing anything for me anymore, and I've been contracting more than I was right after being discharged from the hospital.  I just have a horrible habit of downplaying everything to the doctors, or, again, just being in denial that anything is wrong.
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013 at 06:53 AM »
Thanks Natalie :)

My little guy is breech so if the labor progressed despite the drugs I would need a c-section to get him out safely. Thankfully everything has settled down and they are FINALLY feeding me! I'm still in hospital but I'm back down to adalat every 4 hours and I should get to go home tomorrow morning :D. My mom is also bringing my daughter to visit me this afternoon so I'm really excited about that!

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013 at 09:17 AM »
That's all sooo great! Enjoy the food and your daughter :)

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013 at 04:22 PM »
Amykookykat,

They're probably checking the amniotic fluid because you are taking ibuprofin.  I'm taking it to try to keep my contractions under control as well.  With my last pregancy I learned that the side-effect of ibuprofin is that it can cause the amniotic fluid levels to be low - it didn't end up being an issue for that pregnancy because we had poly-hydramnios from her trisomy 18.

I'm finding that I'm having to take more of the ibuprofin to make it keep the contractions at bay.  If I stay perfectly still, they stay less frequent.  I'm really hoping I don't have to go on the procardia this pregnancy because it really messed me up last time.

I totally can relate to the rather nap than do anything work related.  I enjoy my work, but it's just not appealing right now.  :(

Do you crochet or knit or needlepoint?  I find that working on those is helpful to keep my hands busy.  I do get bored very easily so tend to need to have a couple of projects going so I can go back and forth depending on my mood.  I completely empathize with the thinking that it should be okay to just live life... it's so hard to sit and watch people not doing a job correctly and knowing that it could be done right in 10 minutes, especially after spending 2 hours nagging for them to just focus.

Make sure you stay hydrated and don't feel bad for being how you are.  If you have an app for your phone, you can time the contractions - I use ipregnancy.  It's helpful because I can time how long the contractions last and how often they happen.  It saves the sessions and then I can show them to my doctor.  Having that information may help you to comfort yourself about whether or not you're downplaying things.  Sending you hugs... this is definitely a roller coaster journey - this bed rest. :)

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013 at 07:55 PM »
Thanks lvmissesd!  That makes total sense regarding ibuprofen (I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before with the possibility of having low fluid!).  If it works to keep contractions at bay a little bit, it's definitely better than any of the side effects of procardia.  I'm a bit worried about when I come to the point where I can't/shouldn't take just plain 'ol Motrin any longer, given that I already know how much I contract while on it, and I know how much worse things are when I wake up in the morning after not having taken it all night.

Onto surviving the next week! :)
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)