Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 1  (Read 2780 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 1
« on: July 01, 2013 at 09:06 AM »
What is new,  ladies? For those of you in the U.S., do you have anything planned for July 4th? Maybe have your partner grab some potato salad, a watermelon and throw some burgers on the grill so you don't feel left out. I know holidays can be extra tough when you are on bedrest, as the world seems to go on without you.

I'm looking forward to your updates, and to seeing you all on the live chat tomorrow! Please don't hesitate to reach out to one another here, especially when you can relate to another poster's circumstances.

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

natalie

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 1
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013 at 10:50 AM »
Hi Angela and everyone,

I like your 4th of July idea. We usually set of fireworks too, I hope the noise doesn't send me into labor lol.

Made it another week...I'll be 33 weeks Wednesday and off bed rest and progesterone in two weeks. I won't rest easy though until I hit full term at 37 weeks. Anyone else felt like that?....like even though you are officially off BR you still keep yourself on it until you are full term? Or am I just crazy? :)

How's it going out there ladies?

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013 at 04:26 PM »
Hello!

Hopefully the next two weeks (or 4!) go quickly for you Natalie!  I haven't quite reached the point where doctors have told me "when" I'll be off of bedrest, but I can honestly say it'll be sort of weird going from one day being on bedrest, to having much more freedom suddenly the next day.  I guess not literally, but I almost wonder if it's going to be as big of an adjustment after bedrest ends as it was going on it.

I think I'd enjoy the 4th of July more if it felt more like a day off (LOL!) instead of just another day at home.  I do love fireworks though, even if we obviously aren't going anywhere to see them (we haven't in recent years anyway with not wanting to drag two small kids out into a crowd past their bedtimes).  We can do sparklers in the backyard though :)

Last week was OK I guess...I had a repeat fFN and it was NEGATIVE!  So I'm pretty happy about that...but cervical check put me at 3cm and now low (she was feeling the baby's head...that is sooooo not comforting!), still at about 1.5cm length.  I'm having all over the place contractions (sometimes whole uterus, sometimes just low, sometimes starting in the back and radiating to the front, sometimes rock hard, other times just tight but not too hard, painful, not painful, etc), so I don't know what to do half the time.  At least as far as I can tell they aren't regular, and they aren't getting more frequent or intense, so I think that's good. 

Hope everyone else has a good week!!!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013 at 06:09 PM »
I'm 32+1 now and still pregnant! 3 weeks of bed rest down, 3 weeks, 6 days left :D

I'm back from the hospital now, they managed to get my labor stopped again. I have an appointment tomorrow so they will repeat the fFN then to see what is up with that.

Also, to all my fellow Canadians: Happy Canada day :D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013 at 06:35 PM »
25 weeks, not doing so great, cervix funneled down from 2 to 1 cm.  instead of weekly ultrasounds now going in twice a week (tomorrow) to see how my cervix is doing. 

As to your question Natalie, I put myself on strict bedrest every evening after sitting at my low stress job (7hrs/day, 5 days per week)when I returned to work at 37 weeks in hopes of getting to at least 39 weeks pregnant, it worked because I made it to 40 weeks!

I hope to not be in the hospital for 4th of July, but I know it's a possibility...

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013 at 02:06 PM »
We're in the Chat Room now, in case anyone wants to chat.

ottawa33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013 at 09:58 PM »
Hi everyone: my first post! Bed rest since 29 weeks, I'm at 31 weeks today for a short cervix. Having some good days, some bad days. Today, feeling pretty good.

Yesterday being Canada day, I very carefully sat on the deck with a zero gravity chair, and hubby brought out a variety of mocktails for me to try. Had corn on the cob on the bbq. I ended up sitting/lying outside for about 4 hours. Definitely perked my spirits up.

My goal for the moment is to make it to 34 weeks. Starting each day saying "Yay, I'm still pregnant." Keeps me positive about being so cooped up.

Jill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013 at 11:47 PM »
I hope everyone had a good 4th of July! Yesterday I went to the doctors and everything looks good! We found out we are having a girl!! I am so freaking excited! I knew it was a girl the whole time! My cervix is holding up for now hope it stays that way so I can make it to 24 weeks at least this time

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013 at 08:53 PM »
that's great Jill! You are so close only a few more weeks.