Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 3407 times)

ottawa33

• View Profile
What did you do today?
« on: July 02, 2013 at 10:02 PM »
Hopefully we can swap ideas to pass the time!

- called landscaping / fencing companies to arrange quotes for upcoming yard improvements
- did more of my online pre-natal classes
- facebook
- had a long chat with my mom on the phone
- played video games on my husbands ps3
- napped
- netflix
- read the newspaper

KristaL

• View Profile
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013 at 12:35 PM »
Good idea!

-read a book
-started to learn to crochet using a book of instructions and YouTube videos
-chatted on the phone
-Facebook
-played a game on the iPad with my husband
-researched barbecues for when I can go outside again!

Ottawa33, which online prenatal class are you doing? I have been looking for one.

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013 at 11:25 PM »
I'll second that...good idea!  Today I...

- Facebook (of course :) )
- did a grading for my online course (gotta be productive, right? :) )
- tried a little crochet flower I saw on YouTube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlWt0n0srfA ...I suck at crocheting, but this didn't turn out too badly!)
- worked a little on a chainmail bracelet (one of my other newly acquired hobbies)
- doctor's appointment/ultrasound
- watched neverending Mickey Mouse with my 2 year old :)
- in the process of doing another blog entry

Cheers!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

hmlamb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013 at 03:14 PM »
  • facebook
    listen to music
    TV
    talked to my Mom on the phone
    help my husband figure out what to bring to entertain me.  :)

ottawa33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013 at 07:56 PM »
Update: have cut myself off from facebook - it makes me bitter that everyone else is out and about enjoying their summers and I am stuck on a couch. BUT - did finish "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency". Great book - already on the sequel.

KristaL, I don't know where you live, but here's the link to prenatal classes offered through Ottawa Public Health. I don't believe you need an Ottawa address to go through the modules...some of the information on health regulations may be different if you're not Canadian.

http://anewprenatallife.ca/

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013 at 09:01 AM »
Thank you, Ottawa33! I am Canadian too (Halifax, Nova Scotia) and the site does not seem to require an Ottawa address. I was really disappointed not to be able to attend the prenatal classes I had registered for, so this should help. Thanks again! :)

Other fun bed rest activities I've been trying (seven weeks of bed rest so far!):
-Netflix
-Sudoku
-crosswords
-updating address book so I can send out thank you cards and baby pictures eventually!

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013 at 06:02 PM »
@KristaL I'm a Nova Scotian too! I'm about 3 hours outside of Halifax on the Eastern shore! :D

When I went into preterm labor at 29 weeks I had a fun (sarcasm fully intended) ambulance ride up to the IWK :), on the plus side they have the best hospital food I've ever had up there :D

Jill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013 at 11:43 PM »
I went to the doctors today!! Had a really good appointment and I found out we are having a GIRL!!'!!!!!!!! I am on cloud 9! Have 5 more weeks to go to get past the 24 weeks

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013 at 04:48 PM »
Andi-pants, that is so true about the food at the IWK! I was there for about a week when I was first found to have IC and the food was surprisingly good. The food staff would even call me in my room if I forgot to order! I am in Clayton Park so my biweekly appointments are actually at the IWK. Going to the doctor has become hugely entertaining now that it is my only outing.  :P

Jill, that's such exciting news! Hopefully the five weeks until 24 weeks will just be smooth sailing!

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013 at 07:19 PM »
Ahh, we just moved down the shore in April but we used to live in Bedford, just off of Rocky Lake Drive (the road in between the Petro-Can and the Shopper's, across from the Super Store). I go for my appointments at a smaller hospital, really hoping everything stays stable. The IWK is wonderful but it is 3 hours from home! I am kind of disappointed that we had to move though, the IWK staff has been wonderful every time I've had to go there. My daughter has a problem with her immune system so we have spent many weeks with her on the children's side and everyone over there is fabulous as well :), it was no different when I was admitted onto the maternity ward. Wonderful people up there, they took great care of my LO and I while we were there.