Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 8  (Read 7620 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 8
« on: July 08, 2013 at 09:37 AM »
Welcome to another Roll Call! I came across a quote that made me think about the hopes that mothers have for their children. Right now, you're likely focused on just getting your baby here healthy, but take some time to think about all your child may accomplish someday!

My mother said to me,
"If you become a soldier you'll be a general;
if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope."
Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
      --Pablo Picasso

So... let us know how many weeks along you are and how the past week has been. And, let us know if you're looking forward to anything special this week!

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

ottawa33

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 8
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013 at 11:39 AM »
My mom called me this morning: "Hope for a baby that is fat and lazy. Fat because it spent such a long time in your belly, and lazy so that it goes to sleep easily." HAHAH!

I'll be 33 weeks on Friday (WOW!), and am feeling pretty good today. Every day is one day that the baby is bigger and healthier. Baby's kicks are getting pretty aggressive, which makes me happy because that means that the little one is strong, but I'm hoping it will stay away from kicking my cervix. It's in rough enough shape as it is.

OB appointment on Thursday - looking forward to getting out of the house!!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013 at 01:11 PM by ottawa33 »

Kauzmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013 at 11:55 AM »
I am 29 weeks today! This past week has been uneventful for me, I hope this week stays the same.

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013 at 02:23 PM »
I am 30 weeks today, so happy to finally have a three in front! Been on bedrest exactly 9 weeks, and have 6 or 7 to go, I can't wait to feel normal again (and not like a prisoner and not scared all the time).
It's also my daughter's 2nd birthday today. I think I did too much today so I do feel guilty towards my second daughter in my belly. It's my job to keep her safe. But I wanted to be there for my older daughter, too, and enjoy this special day and celebrations with her. Especially since I can't take care of her like I used to before bedrest.
I do feel more pain now in my cervix and I hope I didn't cause it to shorten further with my activity level today. I am looking forward to my doctors appointment on Wednesday (I go every two weeks) and I hope he can ease my mind again (my cervix had been pretty stable the last weeks, too)....

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013 at 03:40 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm 32w4d today!  I spent Friday afternoon/night in the hospital, and was released on Saturday...luckily that short overnight stay was the least traumatic for everyone (DH, the kids, etc).  4cm dilated, 70% effaced and 5 contractions an hour, but they were more regular and they're getting longer.  They gave me terbutaline to stop contractions for an hour or so, but then, of course, they rebound and they gave me a dose of ibuprofen and later started on nifedipine/procardia (I had only been on ibuprofen for the past 4 weeks, but had to stop taking that at 32 weeks, and they didn't give anything to replace it). 

Tomorrow is my oldest's 5th birthday (yay!), and we had some cake/presents for him over the weekend.  My parents also said their good-byes...they sold their house and they're flying out on Friday (moving from AZ to WA).  I'm really bummed about it just because 1.  it's the house I grew up in (half my childhood at least...age 9 onwards), 2.  it happened so fast (less than a month from being listed to closing) 3.  it's been a while since I was over there, just due to not being able to be off bedrest and 4.  (probably the biggest) my parents are going to be away when the baby arrives.  It was stressing me out a little bit trying to figure out emergency childcare options for the older two kids. 

So this week I'm REALLY trying hard to keep my mind off of emotional triggers (that's my goal!) and to really take it easy!

~Amy
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

Jill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013 at 04:37 PM »
I am 18 weeks today!!! So excited! Had a awesome doctors appointment on Friday and my cervix is holding up awesome! I also found out we are having a girl!

Jilly

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013 at 05:12 PM »
Glad to see that everyone is doing well! :)

I am 33 weeks and 1 day pregnant now :D. I'm allowed up for an hour or so every day now, which is nice. I have another appointment next week and I will probably get more "up" time then, and when I hit 36 weeks I'm free! :D Only 3 more weeks to go, my baby boy and I have got this in the bag! :D

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013 at 08:18 PM »
33weeks tomorrow. Been on br since 15wks. Almost there. Hang in there ladies.

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013 at 08:53 PM »
Hi everyone,

Its nice to read all the posts and be reminded its not just me here in this situation. I am 34 w this wednesday which is just amazing. its been 14 weeks for me, and I am officially off bedrest and progesterone next wednesday. I still have apprehensions about it (BTW thanks for the responses last week) and may stay on my own form of BR until 37. We shall see.

My lil one is getting big! I am getting kicked in the ribs and hip bone at the same time, must be stretching...a yoga baby in the womb, we are already so alike :) I am waiting to find out the sex and now that I am getting further along and the prospect of the baby being born isn't as perilous, I am staring to get wicked excited!

Angela, nice quote. My son is almost 4 and judging by his newly acquired negotiating skills he'll be a foreign diplomat or a end up on the supreme court lol.

Amy I am so sorry! I know you have been concerned about your contractions and that stinks about the house. Hang in there, glad to hear you are past the 32 w mark. My dr told me that after 34 w they won't do anything to stop the contractions and would let labor take its course. I looked at her like she was speaking a diff lang but she assured me its standard medical practice. This is part of the reason I may stay on BR until I am full term. It seems like most of the posters here say they are off at 36 w, I may use that as my marker.

Glad everyone is still cooking those babies. Let's make it one more week ladies!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013 at 02:02 PM »
It's great to see updates from all of you! If you're online now, we'll be in the Chat Room until 3 pm. Stop by:
http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013 at 11:02 PM »
Hello all!  I'm 26+4 and heading off to the OB in the AM and the MFM for a cervix measurement when I turn 27 weeks.  My last measurement was 0.6 cm, not so good, hoping I stay stable...

toodles103

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM »
Hello ladies!!

Well....I am officially "graduated" from bedrest!  :)  Baby GIRL Jordyn arrived on the 2nd!  After 10 weeks of bedrest/modified bedrest/"take it easy" orders and lots of procardia we made it to 37 weeks!!  I was 37 weeks 1 day when I delivered her!  After being in pre-term labor for so long I figured I would go into labor right away after stopping the Procardia at 36 weeks.  I did sort-of.  The contractions definitely picked up--but did basically that.  Picked up. :(  The morning of the 2nd I woke up at 1:30am with CRAZY tough contractions and we headed in.  They were STRONG and every 4-6 minutes.  My OB came in about 8 and decided to break my water to get things moving!  She did, however my contractions started to space out :(  I was shocked!  Seriously--after ALL that time my body still didn't know what to do!  Pitocin started about 1--and baby girl was born at 3:06!  She is perfectly healthy and happy! :)  I am so blessed!!  Jordyn was 7lbs 11oz and 20 inches long!  She is just perfect!

Hang in there ladies!  There IS light at the end of the tunnel!  You can do it!

Mommy to Noah (5) Owen (3) and Jordyn (7/02/2013.  Bed rest from 04/22 due to irritable uterus and +fFn test!)

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM »
So happy for your toodles! congrats on a healthy baby girl.

amykookykat

• View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013 at 01:17 AM »
Fantastic toodles!!!  I was wondering about you the other day (hoping you didn't have to wait too long after going off procardia).  Did you know that she was a girl before she was born? 

In any case, I hope my own delivery ends like yours...making it to 37 weeks, and having a relatively smooth delivery!  Congrats!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d

amykookykat

• View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013 at 01:24 AM »

Amy I am so sorry! I know you have been concerned about your contractions and that stinks about the house. Hang in there, glad to hear you are past the 32 w mark. My dr told me that after 34 w they won't do anything to stop the contractions and would let labor take its course. I looked at her like she was speaking a diff lang but she assured me its standard medical practice. This is part of the reason I may stay on BR until I am full term. It seems like most of the posters here say they are off at 36 w, I may use that as my marker.

I was actually starting to wonder that too...at what point they won't do anything to stop contractions.  I think I've come to terms (I go back and forth...some days it upsets me, some days I think I'd be fine) with delivering in that grey zone of 34-36 weeks.  And some days I think that I'm sooooo done, I just want to have a definitive delivery date. 

On to next week! :)
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d