Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New Here-30 weeks with twins, short cervix....  (Read 2173 times)

em4444

New Here-30 weeks with twins, short cervix....
« on: January 02, 2010 at 08:27 PM »
Hello Everyone.  I am currently 30w4d with girl/boy twins.  I have been having contractions since 26weeks, but thought just braxton hicks.  I went in for my appt this week and my cervix has shortened from 3 cm to 3 mm.  I am now on BR at home and taking procardia every 4.  They gave me the steriod shot and I go back tues for the second dose.  They did the fetal fibronectin (sp) test and it was negative.  I am hoping to make it to 36 weeks.....

I have a 22 month boy at home and thank god my mother is moving in during the week to babysit me and him while my husband works:)
I am already bored out of my mind and this is only day 3, not sure how I am going to make it 6 more weeks.....

Can't wait to get to know you guys!!
em

Smily

• View Profile
    • Parenting Premmies
Re: New Here-30 weeks with twins, short cervix....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010 at 08:20 AM »
Hi Em, congraulations on making 30 weeks, you have done a great job so far!

I spent 14 weeks on bedrest with my first born (16 wks untils 30 when he was born) and my entire second pregnancy on bedrest (8 weeks strict bedrest) he was born at 34 weeks.
It is extrememly boring, but I got really good at puzzles, caught up on all the goss with the celebs and watched some interesting tv!

All the best :D
Brendan 25/02/07 30+1 due to PPROM @ 28wks, Spontaneous Labour & Chorioamnionitis. His Apgar Scores were 2:4 W1545gms (3lb 6oz)
Tristan 19/06/09 34+3 due to Spontaneous Labour. His Apgar Scores were 6:6 W3090gms (6lb 13oz)
Facebook Pag

theebabylady

• View Profile
Re: New Here-30 weeks with twins, short cervix....
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010 at 02:58 PM »
Hi Em,
I'm glad your mother is nearby to help! Good luck with the Tues appt & keep those babies cooking!  A good novel should take your mind off & let you escape.
Christy  :-*