Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 22, 2013  (Read 5067 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 22, 2013
« on: July 22, 2013 at 09:35 AM »
Hello, ladies!

How are you feeling? And how are you looking? I know it may seem silly to get dressed or put on makeup to sit around the house, but you might find that it boosts your spirits! It was really tough to style my hair with no mirror, but I still found it relaxing the brush my hair. And when I had visitors, a quick stroke of lipstick seemed to help me feel like myself again. What are YOUR beauty tips for bedrest? Do you feel like your appearance has affected your mood?

Feel free to offer your thoughts, or just let us know what's new and how many weeks along you are.

See you tomorrow in the Chat Room at 2!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Kitekat26

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 22, 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM »
Still here after 11 weeks of strict bedrest due to incompetent cervix (no cerclage). I am 32 weeks today, not really celebrating this goal until wednesdeay though, when I'll have my next check for cervical length. 2 weeks ago it was at 2.2 cm with funneling and my doctor said if I go below 2 this week he wants to send me to the hospital again :-( I really want to lay at home where I can see my daughter and husband, so I am really anxious for the checkup on wednesday.

For beauty routine I really don't do anything, well I just plucked my eyebrows yesterday but thats about it. And I indulged in some online maternity clothes shopping, I felt like I needed at least some nicer clothes (have been hanging out in sweats all the time before), even if no one sees me.
Good luck to everyone still cooking!
Kathrin

ottawa33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM »
Made the 34 week landmark last Friday, next BIG goal = 36 weeks! Hooray! Dr. appointment this morning, she says that I can re-introduce little things this week, and if I make it to 36 weeks it can be life as normal again. Oh wow - it's even hard to imagine being vertical and productive again!!

I am the type of person who LIVES in pj pants the second I'm in the door, but I implemented a strict "get dressed everyday like you're going out" rules as soon as bed rest started. I imagined a spiral where I would lie and watch TV in my sweats and become really discouraged. I still do my hair (as best as I can) and earrings are a must.

I've been paying LOTS of attention to plucking eyebrows since I'm right beside a sunny window and have a little mirror and tweezers handy.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on Wednesday, Kitekat! What sites have you been shopping on?

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013 at 02:27 PM »
I am 35 weeks, 1 day!! :D Only one more week of bed rest for me! I've been on bed rest for 6 weeks now (since 29 weeks) due to preterm labor and I'm very much looking forward to living life unrestricted! :D

I'm lookin' like a hot mess right now, but I'm getting my eyebrows waxed and my hair done this week so hopefully that will help!

I had an appointment on Thursday (5 days ago) and I was 3cm dilated and 75% effaced, my doctor said that I could to any time, could be today or it could still be a few weeks. Only time will tell, I guess.

I hope the rest of you ladies are doing well!

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013 at 02:37 PM »
I am 24 weeks and 3 days.  Countdown chain says 80 days left until we can get up.  It's kind of hard because it doesn't feel like I shouldn't be able to do stuff.

I'll have to implement a beauty routine because I haven't been doing anything because as dh says, "who do you have to impress?"  I also don't really like using anything with chemicals when I'm pregnant. :)

As far as the rest of my routine, I have been doing a lot of crocheting and I spend way too much time watching TV.

Congratulations to all the mommies who are getting to the end of their down time.  Those babies will be in your arms soon.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 at 02:40 PM by lvmissesd »

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013 at 04:08 PM »
Still here too!  34w4d today...on bedrest since 27w6d for short cervix/contractions/+fFN. 

I had a very insane weekend...was in a delivery room for 18 hours on Friday night/Saturday morning in active labor, and they pumped me so full of everything that I think my body just stalled out.  I went into triage on Friday right before noon, and they hooked me up to monitors and saw that I was contracting 3-4 times every 10 minutes.  Cervix check was still 5-6cm with lots of bloody show (the nurse's glove looked like someone murdered a mouse up there).  Even though they told me at 34 weeks that they wouldn't try to stop labor anymore (but wouldn't augment), the doctor wanted to try terb again.  That slowed things down to about 1 contraction every 10 minutes, but as soon as it wore off, it went back up.  The nurse checked and mentioned that my bag of water was bulging out.  So they moved me out of triage to a delivery room (the doctor waving as we went by the desk saying "see you soon when you're ready to deliver!".  Once in L&D, they got the IV antibiotics going, and since I was contracting so much, they were worried that I wouldn't have four hours for it to take effect.  So more terbutaline :(.  They did that twice, and then said they were just going to let me go and deliver after that first course was effective.

Welllllll...even though contractions kept up every 2-3 minutes apart, my cervix quit changing (ironic, considering my cervix is usually TOO good at dilating!).  They gave me a few doses of stadol over the course of the next few hours, and around 9am they called labor officially stalled out :(.  I had been soooooooo emotionally ready to have a baby, accepted that I had done as much as I could, and it just didn't happen.  They put me in antepartum again (at first they said they'd keep me until the baby was born, but they actually let me go home last night), and I've just been continuously contracting anywhere from 1-2 times every 10 minutes.  Until my cervix starts changing again, or my water breaks, or I have contractions get up to 4 every 10, labor is a no-go. 

I know it affords a little more cooking time, but it's taking a huge toll on everyone...I'm getting a little disconnected from the whole "there's going to be a baby soon" thing, even though I know she has to come out eventually.

Anyway, in terms of looks, DH laughs a little bit that I get fixed up when we go out to doctor's appointments.  Put in contacts, take shower, do hair a little bit, wear nice clothes.  That's pretty much the only time of the week that I do that (unless someone comes over, then I might do some of those things).  Since it's so hot, most of the time I just want to be comfortable, so I don't care what I'm wearing :)

Here's to another week down!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM »
Amy what a crazy experience. At least you are just about 35w.

I am 35w 5d and holding strong. Next week I get my group B strep and they will check my cervix which I am very curious to see where things are at.

Well I do 'get ready' in the morning, my own version. I bring my son to day care so I make sure I wash, brush, ect. This alone is a big help for my mood. But, I don't put on make up or do my hair and also try to avoid chemicals (I space out deodorant as much as possible..... but it is summer in FL:-)).  I also wear comfy clothes since I am just laying on the couch. When visitors come I will put on some makeup and a nice outfit. Oh yeah and I've watched so much TV I am now thinking of boycotting it. Total overload.

I have picked up my activity since I am officially off of bed rest (as of last Wed!), but I still have myself on a modified version since when I am active I start contracting. My contractions don't have a pattern like the docs tell you to look for, but they are getting painful.

Glad to hear how far some of us have made it! And to the ladies just starting out or halfway through, hang in there! You can do it!!! It seemed never ending to me and now its over, 15 w later.

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM »
35 weeks today. Been on br since 15 weeks so looking forward to a normal life if I make it to 36 weeks. LO is growing well, no contractions. Dilated 3cm. Hang in there ladies,

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013 at 01:28 PM »
We're 30 minutes away from the KeepEmCookin Live Chat! Hope to see you at 2 pm Eastern.  http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013 at 09:51 AM »
30w 6d today, excited for 31 weeks tomorrow. Good doctor's appointment yesterday (I was waiting for that to post) but my doctor says they are not going to check my cervix anymore unless it seems like I might be going into labour. Eek. I had been expecting a CL measurement at my ultrasound in two weeks but as DH says, we can just focus on the baby at that appointment. I still would have liked the reassurance though, as I have been funnelling to the stitch for weeks. My doctor did authorize me to spend some time sitting up each day now and I will be allowed to reintroduce some standing starting at 32 weeks (next Thursday), which is both exciting and scary.

As for a beauty routine, I do make an effort to get dressed every day, but just in comfy clothes. I don't wear makeup but I do fix my hair as best I can. It helps a bit with morale. :)

Mrs.B, congrats on your 35 weeks, that's wonderful. Amy, that sounds like a really harrowing experience. Hang in there.

Congrats to all you mamas who are still keeping those babies cooking. Lvmissesd, 24 weeks is a big step. Good for you.

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013 at 02:58 PM »
Hi everyone, just a quick update, at my OB visit today my cervix was only 1,3 cm (down from 2,4 two weeks ago) and funneling got worse, too :-( so he sent me to the hospital and I got my first steroid shot (of three) 2 hours ago. The doctor said my whole cervix and uterus is very low. I am very depressed and scared, I was so hoping to be able to stay on strict bedrest at home (so I can see me daughter)...I don't know if they are going to keep me here after the injections are done but I really hope I can go home again. I was not in a good state of mind at home, and in the hospital I feel even more depressed and lonely.

@ottawa: I am from Germany and all my internet shopping are german websites :-)

Congrats to everyone making the 34/35 week mark, that is awesome! Hope to be there, too in 2-3 weeks!!
Keep them cooking, good luck to you all!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013 at 06:44 PM »
@Kitekat26: sorry to hear about the bad numbers and needing to get he steriod injection...hopefully your time in the hospital will be brief so you can return to SBR at home with your family.  With my lady pregnancy I funneled down to 0.1 cm by 26 weeks plus 2 cm dilated and after a few days in the hospital completed the remainder of my time on SBR at home, made it to 40 weeks!!

This time around I measured 1.0 at 28 weeks, I'll be 29 weeks Friday and will be measured again then.  I hope they continue to measure me beyond 30 weeks (hoping til 32 weeks) as I get nervous at the thought of not knowing what's going on with th cervical length.

As for getting done up, I spend minimal time on a beauty routine since I don't want to be blow drying and flat ironing my hair while lying down, instead, just pull my hair back into a pony tail...

Congrats to all the mamas who have made it beyond 34 weeks!!! I can't wait to make it that far!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013 at 06:46 PM »
Last pregnancy, not lady pregnancy! Lol