Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for July 29, 2013  (Read 4544 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for July 29, 2013
« on: July 29, 2013 at 08:19 AM »
"You can learn many things from children.
How much patience you have, for instance."

--Franklin P. Jones[/i]

Ain't that the truth! And sometimes even before they are born!

Let us know how many weeks along you are, and tell us how you're feeling. Do you have any appointments this week or any news to report from last week? Be sure to set an alarm for tomorrow's Live Chat at 2 pm Eastern.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for July 29, 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013 at 08:32 AM »
I have big news this week: As of yesterday I am 36 weeks and I am officially OFF OF BED REST!!! :D It has been a long 7 weeks and I am thrilled to have made it this far with my little guy still cooking :D

Good luck to the rest of you ladies still on bed rest! Bed rest is tough but definitely worth it to have a healthy baby :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013 at 09:41 AM »
Whoohoo! Congrats Andi-pants!

So let the other moms live vicariously through you: Were was the first place you went? What do you have planned this week? Baby shopping, perhaps? And let us know how your stamina is as the days go on. You'll want to start building up your thigh and bum muscles, and your flexibility, for delivery. Try to walk each day, and do a few session of stretching.

Yay!

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM »
Wow, congratulations andi-pants! Hope you have a few more weeks to built up your strength for birth!

Last wednesday I had my cervix check and it had gone down to 1,3 cm with major funneling so I spent three days in the hospital to get the steroid shots for our baby girl as my OB thought it would be better to be on the safe side. I am 33 weeks as of today but I feel really discouraged by last weeks events. I am still so scared of my baby coming early, especially since she is measuring pretty small (3 pounds last wednesday).
I just want to be 36 weeks already tomorrow, time is just not passing fast enough...

Also I am so scared of the very likely possibility of having to have a C-Section, since baby is breech :-( My first was a natural birth and I really wanted one again. Especially if this baby is very small. I had problems breastfeeding my first and I think after having a C-Section it might be even harder. I am not sure if I can do any exercises to make her turn. I just feel like after this difficult pregnancy why can't I at least have a normal birth?! I am really scared of being cut open...

Hope everyone else is in a better mood, sorry to be all pessimistic today

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013 at 01:02 PM »
Thanks ladies!!

And to answer your questions:

1. The first place I went was to the park with my daughter and husband. I haven't been to the park since I went into labor at 29 weeks, when we got there I was so happy I cried, haha. I spent all morning swinging, sliding, and chasing my 4 year old all over the place! It was great!

2. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday of this week so while I am in town I plan on getting some baby shopping done and taking my daughter to see a movie to catch up on some "mommy/daughter" time.

3. My stamina sucks! After the park I fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours! I get out of breath if I climb stairs and walking up hill is quite the chore. I was very fit going into this pregnancy (I was 115lbs of lean muscle, I did a lot of P90X and crossfit, as well as some yoga and running) and now I feel like a big flabby mess. I did get out for a short walk yesterday evening, and even though it is raining today I'll be going for another walk today. I plan on walking 10 more minutes every day until my little man is born, yesterday I walked for 20 minutes, so I'll see if I can do 30 today. I am also working on some yoga to increase my flexibility and work out some of those bed rest kinks!

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013 at 03:17 PM »
Awesome news about making it to 36 weeks andi-pants!!!  It's amazing how little trips to the outside world do wonders for morale too...hope you get some rest in and your little one will be here without too much more of a wait!

Did the doctors seem worried about the baby being breech kitekat?  My oldest didn't flip head down until right around 35 weeks, but I can see how that might be worrysome if the baby decides to come before term and hasn't flipped :(

Well, I'm 35w4d today...almost to 36!  I've had the worst time in this 34-36 week limbo period...it seems like it's worse than when I was just chilling out at home after my first hospital stay at 28 weeks.  I was released from the hospital last Sunday afternoon (after I went into hard labor the previous Friday night...most of the doctors/nurses/etc were certain I'd have the baby that night, but I quit dilating and eventually the contractions stopped).  The following Monday evening, the kids got home from daycare and we were eating dinner, and I didn't feel quite right.  Around 7:15, I launched into contractions again (went straight to 2-3 minutes apart!).  After an hour or so with laying down and chugging water, it hadn't stopped...so we headed out to the hospital again.  And again I was in the delivery room contracting like mad, but no cervical change.  They won't break my water either or give anything to speed things up.  They kept me in the hospital (and I had another trip to a delivery room on Thursday when the nurse THOUGHT I went to 7cm during a bout of contractions...but might have been difference of opinion). 

Now I'm home again after being released yesterday.  I had kind of a traumatizing Saturday night...they gave me stadol for pain (during another set of contractions that I never progressed through).  My main nurse said to make sure I got help to the bathroom (ring the call light).  When it was mostly worn off, I rang the light and an assistant came in instead, disconnected the monitors and quickly left.  I ended up passing out in the bathroom, and the assistant never came back to check on me/hook me up again...apparently I was off monitors for 36 minutes!  I was so scared and angry that it happened at all that my OB, DH and everyone else decided that I'd be in a better state of mind (and DH won't ditch me in the bathroom!) if I was at home. 

I think I can hold out to 36 weeks...and then hopefully the baby comes easily (or I don't have any more bouts of contractions and trips to the delivery room!)
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013 at 03:26 PM »
Congratulations Andi-pants!!  Sounds like you're having lots of fun now that you're not stuck down.

Kitekat26, I'm so sorry for the scariness of last week.  Hopefully baby will hold out and wait a little bit longer and turn for you.  If she is early, you might wind up pumping (I did for a couple of my pre-term babies) and that will help to make sure that your milk comes in good.  From my personal experience, I would suggest pumping regardless because preemie babies don't have the energy to feed as much as they need to.  I didn't know that with one of my preemies who came straight home with me and I ended up drying out and he lost a lot of weight and I didn't know that it was an issue - I had pumped with the previous baby because he was in NICU.

Amykookykat, that sounds very scary.  I had labors like that with a couple of my kids, and once my cervix did start to change, baby came super fast.  I hope you will make hubby stay close regardless of where you are.  Good luck in the next few days!

I am 26 weeks on Thursday.  I have an appt tomorrow.  10 more weeks is feeling like forever, even though right now I've already been down for well over 16 weeks.  Thank goodness we have our chain - it's helping to see those links disappearing.

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013 at 04:19 PM »
Wow Amy, what a scary story, glad you are okay and you are still cooking!
The doctors told me before week 34 they always do a c-section and after that you can only deliver a breech baby naturally if it weighs more than 6 pounds. Considering she is just above the 3 pound mark I don't think we would make that (or maybe if I make it to 41 weeks ;-)). I know she could still turn but she honestly never turns, she kicks and wiggles but thats it. I think she is just too comfortable with her butt on my cervix!
@ivmissesd: congrats on the almost 26 weeks, that is a big milestone! Yes, I see a lot of pumping in my future! I had my first daughter at 40 weeks and she was not strong enough to nurse so I had to pump (but I would get almost nothing, I had such low supply I felt like a failure), I hope I have more success with that this time, especially since I know how important breast milk is for preemies
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013 at 04:21 PM by Kitekat26 »

ottawa33

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013 at 05:07 PM »
Nice to hear from all of you again, ladies! It seems like there are 3 of us right around the same due date - I'll be 36 weeks on Friday and also off bed rest!!! I am SO ready to meet this baby, it will be hard not to jump right in to the running/gardening/sex/all the other things that I have sorely been missing! Andi-pants, I had a good laugh about you sleeping for 3 hours after the park!

I'm sorry to hear about the hospital experiences kitekat and amykookykat. Hang in there ladies! Don't worry about the steriod shots - I had them too. My doctor said that there are virtually no side effects, and, reassured me that she would take them if our roles were reversed without hesitation.

lvmissesd, hang in there! I'm rooting for you, and it's awesome you've made it this far. In those weeks, I felt like I was doing a thankless (and largely invisible) job lying and cooking that baby. So - if you're not getting enough of it anywhere - THANK YOU. Every day your sacrifices are helping your little one grow safely, and that is the most important thing that anyone could do with their time.

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM »
Hey ladies. I made it to 35 weeks 2 days. Give birth to a 5.5lbs 17.5 inches baby boy on July 25th. Baby boy is healthy. On a routine visit was found to be 7 cm dialated. elijah was born via vaginal delivery shortly afterwards. No contractions till 8. Cm after my water broke. Made it to 9cm got an epidural and began pushing 20 mins later. Total experience was 8 hr ( not bad for a first child) We are home now getting adjusted to life. Being off bedrest after a 20 week stint of br is exhausting (br started at 15weeks) but gratifying . I'm just glad it's over and my boy is doing well. Hang in there ladies this too shall pass. Keep them cooking as long as possible. It will all be worth it.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM »
Congratulations on your baby boy! :) Sending positive thoughts for a full and speedy recovery to you both!

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013 at 04:28 PM »
Congratulations Mrs.b!!!!