Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Keeping the Home Fires Burning  (Read 2609 times)

DFTLEE

• View Profile
Keeping the Home Fires Burning
« on: February 01, 2010 at 07:11 PM »
Hi All,
I have one other question that I am working on for the ladies that I serve. How are you maintaining intimacy with your partner during this very difficult time? I realize that for many of you, intercourse is out of the question, but how are you two maintaining your closeness? Without being too graphic or intrusive of you and your partner's privacy, I would greatly appreciate your input so that I can compile resources for the women that I serve as well as for my blog readers. Thanks.

Darline Turner-lee, Owner
Mamas on Bedrest & Beyond
www.mamasonbedrest.com

HopefulMom

• View Profile
Re: Keeping the Home Fires Burning
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010 at 08:52 AM »
I was wondering the same thing but felt a little strange asking. When you find out please pass the info on. I am feeling a little anxious about this for many reasons. haven't shared it with my partner though.

Mellem3

• View Profile
Re: Keeping the Home Fires Burning
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010 at 10:02 PM »
To be honest, ladies.  My husband and I tried to research it and found exactly nothing specific to our situation.  I am on bedrest to try to bring down my blood pressure.  The doctor never said no.  I'm just supposed to by lying down.  Being intimate actually relaxed me and my blood pressure came down a bit!  (I've been monitoring at home).  I know this may not be the case for everyone, and maybe it would depend on how high the blood pressure is, or what complications you're having, but it hasn't been a problem so far.  Part of it for me was that I was desiring it and wasn't feeling horrible.  If you feel sick or in pain, I'm not sure the desire will even be there.  Be assured that your mate will not wither away if you can't participate!  Good luck!