Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 19  (Read 4180 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 19
« on: August 19, 2013 at 08:12 AM »
Welcome to our new members! Thanks for joining, and I hope to see your Monday updates here! It's a great way to get to know the other bedrest moms.

So ladies, let us know how many weeks along you are. What are you looking forward to this week?

I hope we'll have a great turnout tomorrow on the Live Chat. Set an alarm so you don't miss it!

Keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 19
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013 at 08:34 AM »
I'm still pregnant this week at 39+1!!! I was in hospital on Friday with contractions every 4 minutes, but they just stopped shortly after I was admitted. So now I am 100% effaced and 4cm dilated (up from 80% and 3cm) with bulging membranes and STILL waiting for labor to start and stay. My little guy is back to being sunny side up so my doctor thinks that's why I keep having this start-stop pattern. Since Friday I've had lots of show and strong but irregular contractions. My next appointment is on Thursday and we're going to talk options then, hopefully a membrane sweep can get things rolling! I still can't believe that 10 weeks and 1 day ago I was in an ambulance on my way to the big hospital with the NICU 3  hours away from  my home town with preterm labor! That night they couldn't get the contractions stopped and were talking c-section by morning the contractions stopped suddenly right before they started the mag. Those were the scariest hours of my life but we made it through!

I hope all you other moms are still pregnant with healthy and happy babies! Good luck to you ladies!!

megdspilman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM »
20 weeks 5 days w twin boys, a cerclage, vaginal progesterone and a pessary. SBR since last Tues w a cervix funneled to my stitch and 1.5cm below stitch. I have another appt on Wed (21 weeks!) and am really nervous. I just don't want anymore bad news. Just praying everything is stable and my stitch is holding. Here's to a great week!

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM »
Congrats Andi-pants.  My #5 did that to me.  It drove me crazy.  Eventually we had to induce her which I thought was ironic since we had fought so hard to keep her in for over 13 weeks.

I am 28 and 4 today. Had to start taking terbutaline and procardia because apparently laying here doing nothing sends me into labor at this point.  I absolutely hate the side effects.  The procardia gives me a headache and stiff neck and I think even the process of that final push isn't as painful as these headaches are - I've given birth naturally 4 times so I can say that.

Anyway, not really loving life and somewhat stressing about him coming this early.  I know someone who was due a week before me had her baby a few weeks ago, and have another friend who lost hers who was born at 28 weeks.  I know the long road that is required, and while I would do it gladly if it were required, I'm really hoping it's not.  We have an appt on Tuesday for our weekly cervix check and fluid level check.  Hopefully all is well.  He's dropped so I'm not feeling near as big as I was a couple of weeks ago and that is a little worrying to me.  I think I'll ask if I can get into the MFM early so we can check on his growth and ease my mind a little.

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM »
Stopping by to say hi (old habits die hard...and I'm used to coming here each Monday to see how everyone is doing :) ).  My little monkey is 11 days old now, but it seems weird since it's not her due date until next Thursday even.  I'm getting through the baby blues/post-partum depression hump right now (have had PPD after my other two pregnancies, and started taking Zoloft again at around 35 weeks with this one, so it's helped before things started getting really bad).  I am wondering how many bedrest moms have a little bit of PTSD after going through bouts of preterm labor and the stress of worrying if their babies are going to come early (even if they end up being term, I still feel like I went through a similar rollercoaster of emotions in preparation for a premie). 

Awesome job making it to past 39 weeks andi-pants!  It's definitely ironic like lvmissesd said about having to induce after trying to keep them in for so long...I was convinced that my little one would do the same (which, I might have gone insane if I'd been to the hospital with contractions too many times and nothing came of it :( ).  The membrane sweep always did it for me with my two older kids, so hopefully it'll get the ball rolling for you!

Sorry about having to take the terbutaline and procardia lvmissesd :(.  I didn't care for the side effects too much either (although I only had the terb shots that last an hour or so only a handful of times...not the best of times).  Hopefully your little one is growing well when you see the MFM doc!

I hope you get some good news about the funneling megdspilman!  I'm sure you're doing you're best to keep those boys in!

Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM »
Amy! She is ADORABLE! Oh my goodness!

Andi: Big congrats on making it this far!

Hope to see all of you ladies at the Live Chat today! 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013 at 05:37 PM »
I can't get in to see the MFM until 31 weeks - so we're still a ways away, but I have a friend who is an US tech and has her own 3D imaging company.  She took some measurements for me today and he's actually measuring big and weighing in at about 3 lbs 3 ounces.  Talk about a relief.  I'm not stressing quite so much anymore.

Kitekat26

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013 at 08:32 AM »
Checking in late. Still pregnant at 36+2. They moved my c-section to next week with monitoring baby every 2 days at the hospital. They hope she will go over 2 kg (4.4 pounds). Still very scared about the placenta insufficiency and what that all means for baby but at least I am off strict bedrest (modified now) and I stopped worrying about my cervix (which they haven't even checked in 2 weeks, it is crazy)!
@ivmissesd: great news! I worry too much all the time, hope you can rest a bit easier now

Good luck to everyone still cooking!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013 at 04:52 PM »
Hi, KiteKat! I was hoping we'd hear from you soon! Isn't it crazy when you can stop worrying about your cervix? How do you feel about waiting until next week for the c-section?