Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 26  (Read 4367 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 26
« on: August 26, 2013 at 07:26 AM »
How was your weekend? Anyone have kids starting school this week? As of today, both of my "bedrest babies" will be in school full time! I know I'll be a boo-hooey mess as the bus pulls away!

What are you all looking forward to this week? Any visitors planned?

Hope to see you all in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific. Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

--Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

Kitekat26

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 26
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013 at 08:00 AM »
I am 37 weeks today! Yay!! Our c-section is scheduled for wednesday morning (due to IUGR and breech position). I am really scared about the operation, the recovery and pain and also how baby will be doing...
 Otherwise I am doing better mentally since I have switched to modified bedrest at week 35 and last Saturday I could even attend one of my best friends wedding, that made me very happy (although I couldn't stay that long due to the back pain I now get when walking/sitting too long, thats what 14 weeks of bedrest will do).
Also today is our 4 year wedding anniversary so I am glad my husband and I can spend the evening alone together (after our two-year old falls asleep :-)).

Good luck to all of the brave moms on bedrest!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013 at 08:05 AM by Kitekat26 »

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM »
Almost to 30 weeks.  The  contractions have slowed down this last week.  YAY!!  I'm feeling a little better about that, and I haven't had to take meds. :)  We'll see if things have stayed stable with my cervix when I go to the doctor tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep those contractions at bay this week.  It is so hard to stay down, especially when everything seems to be going okay.

Congratulations Kitekat.  I hope that you are able to breathe easy between now and Wednesday and that all goes well with the delivery of your baby.  Happy anniversary.  I'm glad that you are able to be up and spend time with him on your special day. :)

megdspilman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM »
Almost 22 weeks. Just 16 days to viability!! Had a good and uneventful week and looking forward to another. Dealing w some family stuff, but trying to let go and let God. So much of my life is completely out of my control right now, so sitting here on bedrest and worrying is a poor use of my time. Giving it to God and asking for his peace. Congrats to the full term ladies and those getting close! Can't wait to be where you're at!

Kate

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM »
31 weeks with the twins today. We've gone about a full month without bleeding or spotting!  My doctors are considering lifting some restrictions at 34 weeks which I am excited about.

Congrats Kitekat and happy anniversary!  Stay positive!

Megdspilman - hang in there - each day is another day closer. You can do it!

I agree with you lvissesd - its so hard to do nothing when I feel like there is nothing wrong with me!  Its a mental trip!

KimberlyClink

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM »
Great to hear such good news from the other moms!

I am 27 weeks 2 days pregnant with triplets. So far no major complications....just tired as all get out. I did panic, this weekend, because my plug came out, but my MFM doc's nurse calmed me down and said that's normal and nothing to panic about this late in the game. Since I have come to terms with not getting to full term (my previous pregnancy only went to 31 weeks with twins) I suppose it's fair to assume the signs will start early too. I would still like to make it to October, but I know it is unlikely.

I'm still at home currently, but I have been warned that hospital bed rest is likely in my future.

My twin boys start 4K next week. Trying to figure out how to get them to and from school while my husband is working and I'm suppose to be on the couch. We live to close to the school for bus service, but I don't want to ship 4 year olds out by themselves.

I am expecting some company today. A friend is bringing her daughter for a play date. Glad to get out of the normal routine.

Thanks for being a great resource!

spuler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013 at 03:46 PM »
I am 22 weeks today. Only 14 more days until 24 weeks.  Wednesday is when I will have my p17 shot and first ffn test. usually get my p17 shots on Monday but Dr pushed appt until Wed.  I was nervous about that as well as some other things but just keep praying and trying to remove all doubt from my mind.  I think I am going to bed hubby to get a tv in bedroom.  I get so bored sometimes.  And miss being able to play with my 4 yr old.  Been on bed rest since 20 weeks.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM »
33 +3 weeks today, so close to 34!!! I've been on modified BR since 23 weeks for cervical funneling/irritable uterus.  Big activity today was spending a couple of hours at the dealership today trading our car for a minivan (to accommodate the 3 carseats we'll need for my 4 yo, 2 yo and newborn.

Congrats to Kitekat26!!! You are so close to meeting your little one!!

I hope the rest of us make it to October (at least)!!!

As for visitors, I've had a friend visiting the past couple of days, it's been great visiting even though we couldn't do anything or go anywhere, we talked and watched movies and spent time watching m kids play :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM »
It's great to see all of you on here and still cookin'! These days are tough, but you're all an inspiration to one another. Plus, you can feel confident that you are doing all you can to get your baby (or babies!) here safely.

Don't forget our Live Chat today at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific. See you in the Chat Room: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM »
I am at 35w5d today and my OB took me off bed rest last week! Hurray! After 14 weeks of only getting up to go the bathroom and the doctor, I can't exactly jump back into my old routine, but I am slowly building up my strength. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow where we will find out whether I need a c-section as my LO has been breech for weeks. If she has flipped over, then my doctor will remove my cerclage tomorrow and we will plan for vaginal delivery. If not, the cerclage stays and we will book a c-section. I am nervous, but things are so much better than they were a couple of months ago.

Congrats to all the mamas still cooking. Hang in there, ladies. Lvmissesd, hope your appointment goes well today. Kitekat, best wishes for tomorrow! So exciting!

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM »
So, went to my appointment yesterday.  There were good points and bad points. :)  Good news is that baby has disengaged and so he's no longer pushing on my cervix, which apparently means my cervix is now "like a normal pregnant woman's"  This is awesome because last week I was 50% effaced and 1/2 cm dilated.  He has, however, flipped back to breech which I have mixed emotions about.  Also, my fundal height hasn't increased for 4 weeks now.  I'm not totally thrilled with that, but I go to see my perinatologist next Wednesday, so we'll see where things are then. :)

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013 at 07:12 PM »
Lvmissesd, the decreased pressure on your cervix is good news for sure. Baby still has time to flip over, which hopefully he will do! Let us know what your perinatologist says about your fundal height.