Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Harrison William  (Read 2494 times)

andi-pants

• View Profile
Harrison William
« on: August 30, 2013 at 05:55 PM »
...was born August 22nd at 8:55am, he weighed 7lbs even and was 22.5 inches long! He came in a hurry and was born after only 4 hours of labor, he tried his best to come in the car and so I had a surprise natural delivery with a med student (the doctor wasn't even in the building yet) and a midwife, haha, the poor med student looked more scared than I was!  My doctor made it just in time to deliver the placenta. It was a very intense experience and, looking back on it, a funny story to be able to tell him when he is older! Scared the wits out of my husband and I though, I was 100% convinced that Harrison was coming in the car!

We are home now and all is going well, we are having some latch issues but are working through them with some help. He is a very laid back little guy and would gladly go 4 hours in between feedings if we let him! We have to wake him up every 2 hours to feed (his doctor wants him fed every 2 hours because he is a tad jaundiced and has lost 7% of his body weight so we need to stay on top of his feeds) and he eats his fill and then goes right back to sleep, no fussing at all. Our daughter was a very fussy baby (she had acid reflux from day 1) so my DH and I are having a hard time figuring out what to do with him! LOL

Our daughter is absolutely in love with her little brother and my husband and I couldn't be happier!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Harrison William
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013 at 09:27 PM »
Hooray! A big welcome to Harrison! So handsome already, and such a good baby! Way to go, mama! 39+ weeks!

I have to share this quote from you from a few weeks ago, so that our other moms know to not give up hope:

"I was hospitalized 4 times for preterm labor and I've been 75-80% effaced and a little over 3cm dilated for weeks now and as soon as I hit 37 weeks and "term" everything settled down."

Check in for Monday Roll Call now and then so we can hear about life after bedrest!  :) So happy for you!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013 at 09:31 PM by Angela »

megdspilman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013 at 09:39 PM »
Congrats!! He's beautiful! So glad he's here and healthy. Thank you for the inspiration to keep on truckin through bedrest!

lvmissesd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013 at 09:51 PM »
Congratulations!!  What a beautiful little boy.

KristaL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013 at 01:58 PM »
What a sweetheart! Congratulations Andi-pants! And what a marvelous reward for your bed rest struggle. Best wishes to you and your family.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013 at 10:07 AM »
Congratulations!!(that is a tall baby!!)
I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time!!

Mrs.b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013 at 12:01 AM »
Congrats. He is had some. Way to go to 39 + weeks

natalie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013 at 11:44 PM »
what a cute baby! Congrats to you to making it full term!