Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: My Story  (Read 3356 times)

jodibainum

• View Profile
My Story
« on: September 11, 2013 at 09:09 PM »
My name is Jodi and I am a fitness instructor and personal trainer!  I am currently 25 weeks and had a cerclage put in 3 weeks ago at 22 weeks.  I am on bed rest and will be for the remainder of my pregnancy.  I get weekly progesterone shots and go for weekly checkups now.
Last year, I had preterm labor at 21 weeks 5 days.  I had never been pregnant before and didn't realize I was in actual labor.  I went to the hospital at 3am on Friday, November 23rd after going to the bathroom and seeing some blood.  My water broke shortly after getting into L&D and I was dilated to a 4.  I had Sky at 9:45 and he passed away an hour later.  It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through.

KateF

• View Profile
Re: My Story
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM »
Jodi,
 Welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and your current struggle. It is amazing what we all go through to be here (and get here) and our challenges along the way. Hopefully you will find some comfort here on this website, I know I have. I have been on strict HBR for 7 weeks and I have 5 more to go. I am 2 hours from home, my loving husband and my sweet 3 year old girl. It is so hard, but I know that I am doing this for my baby and I won't be here forever. Some days are harder than others, but you will get through it.
How long have you been on BR? Are you on BR at home or in the hospital? Is it strict or moderate? How long do they hope to get you to? 36w or full term?
I hope you find solace here.

jodibainum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013 at 02:24 PM »
Hi Katie,
I know that must be hard not being at home with your husband and 3 year old.  I'm on BR at home.  I've been on BR for 3 weeks now with approx. 12 more to go which is when they will take the cerclage out.  She plans on removing the cerclage at 37 weeks so I'm praying I make it that far.  It's pretty strict in that I can go to the bathroom and take one shower a day.  My doc is 1 hour away so I get one outing a week!  We drive there and come straight back after the appt.  No shopping and no going out to eat:/  I go once a week for them to check my cervix.  So far the cerclage is holding steady!

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013 at 01:18 PM »
Hi Jodi. Sorry for your loss. Last September I lost my son Isaac preterm at 25 weeks and feel your pain. I'm 31 wks 4 days pregnant now (yay) and on daily progesterone suppositories plus partial bed rest. Bedrest is tough but this is a great place to be for support and the information these ladies share is invaluable. Take care.

jodibainum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013 at 06:52 PM »
Thank you, Cazz!  Sorry to hear of your loss as well, but sounds like this time you will have your precious baby soon!!  Take care!

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013 at 02:26 AM »
Hi Jodi...so sorry to hear about your loss, I can't even imagine going through something like that, much less as a first time mom!  It's good that they're being so pro-active this time around and trying to keep that baby in as long as possible!

(I know what you mean about having that once weekly outing to the doctor...when I was on strict bedrest, it was the only time I got to see and interact with other adult people, besides my husband of course!)
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)

dharsha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013 at 04:17 AM »
Hi Jodi,

i can feel your on loss as im undergoing the same.
But i feel very happy that ur going to have ur healthy child in another 15 weeks (only). Dont worry and

take rest, which is ur only investment, as of now, for your child's healthy & happy world....

with lots of love
Dharsha

jodibainum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM »
Thank you amykookykat and dharsha! 

Dharsha, I'm sorry for what you may be going through.  It's one of the hardest things I have gone through.

kedecker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013 at 02:58 AM »
Hi jodi and welcome!

I lost my son Elijah 4 years ago at 21 weeks. The worst part of it was we discovered he had a defect that is 100% fatal and due to my history the doctors strongly urged me to allow them to induce early to reduce complications.  I would not wish the loss of a child on anyone nor the decision my husband and i were faced with on my worst enemy. We were shattered and I didn't think I would be able to have another child. We have been blessed with a second chance. I have been on bed rest since 23 weeks. I  will be 35 weeks on Friday and every day I feel my son getting stronger.

You and everyone else who have suffered a loss have my deepest sympathies.
Dharsha, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I needed so desperately to talk to someone that would just shut up and let me pour out the pain I was feeling rather than try to cheer me up or tell me what I needed. If you need that let me know and I will get u my contact info.

jodibainum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013 at 09:53 PM »
Sorry to hear of your loss kedecker.  I'm glad to hear that y'all have been given a second chance!  What a blessing to have made it to 35 weeks that is great!!