Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: now on hospital bed rest instead of home bed rest  (Read 2337 times)

spuler

• View Profile
now on hospital bed rest instead of home bed rest
« on: November 04, 2013 at 09:14 AM »
Hi there my name is Jennifer Spuler and I posted on here when I got put on home bed rest a little after 20 weeks when I started funneling down to my tvc cerclage and cervical length shortened to 2.3 cm.  I am now on hospital bed rest due to some trickling amniotic fluid I had Friday.  I figured I was being paranoid and was changing my undies a few times a day because the crouch was getting damp.  Not unusal when on p17 shots.  But I came to hospital and strip test on undies tested positive so they did fern test and that also came back positive.  So I was admitted and immediately started on magnesium 48 hour treatment although I wasn't felling any contractions I had a few show up on monitor.  And they gave me second dose of steroids last one was at 24 weeks I am 32 weeks now.  And I got iv antibiotics.  I have passed the 48 hour window and my Dr finally did ultrasound to check afi and baby and my afi was 12 and he couldn't find rupture.  So he thinks its a small one high up or on side and I am not leaking anymore.  They went ahead and still removed my cerclage to remove risk of infection since they are playing it safe and assuming I have partial rupture that may not have sealed.  Had some bright red bleeding right after but now is scant pink and brown spotting so happy for that.  My drs want me to hang out on hbr until 34 weeks.  They talked about the wimpy white boy syndrome so if we can we may try to stick it out until 35 weeks.  Either way please pray for my baby and me.  My 4 yr old has been with his grandma and hubby has been staying with me.  But he's going home tonight so it will be a change.  But my 4 yr old was sad to see my iv so glad they took it out and I am more normal with out the magnesium.  Any suggestions or ideas for hbr would be appreciated.  Thanks and love to all you wonderful gals.

jodibainum

• View Profile
Re: now on hospital bed rest instead of home bed rest
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013 at 05:02 PM »
Sorry to hear you are on hospital bed rest...I know that is much harder than being at home.  Hopefully they have some good channels on the tv!  If you have an iphone or ipad you could download some free games such as solitaire or bejeweled blitz.  Praying that you can make it as long as you can!

amykookykat

• Standing or sitting when not lying down...
    • View Profile
    • Amy's Blog
Re: now on hospital bed rest instead of home bed rest
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013 at 01:51 PM »
Congrats on making it to 32 weeks!  I always felt like that was one of the major milestones that the doctor's really liked to get people to (avoiding brain bleeds and things like that). 

Hopefully the rupture you may have had might have sealed itself back up or you'll continue to do well on HBR (as much as it sucks, I being in the hospital where they can act quickly brings about a little more of a secure feeling). 

And same suggestions that jodi had...games were good for me too in hospital, just because I never knew when doctors or nurses would be coming by and I'd have to pause what I was doing.  I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies 2 (I'm so addicted right now!).  I did a lot of crafts on BR too (at home and hospital), it just took a while to get started on something (I made a baby birth name/stats cross stitch for all 3 of my kiddos, tried to crochet a few things and so on).  Good luck!!!
Mommy of 4?!?

Daniel - 7/9/08 @ 38w4d
Jared - 3/11/11 @ 38w1d
Kaitlyn - 8/8/13 @ 37w (my bedrest baby!)
Laurel - 2/2/16 @ 38w2d (my 2nd bedrest baby!)