Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for November 25, 2013  (Read 5799 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for November 25, 2013
« on: November 25, 2013 at 09:39 AM »
Thanksgiving is just days away and you're closing in on December! How has the past week been?

Doing any online shopping? Anytime you're thinking about shopping on Amazon, click on the Amazon ad at the top of this page first. When you do, Amazon donates 6% to KeepEmCookin. That money is used to keep this Forum and the main website up and running. Many thanks for helping me to make this site possible!

I hope to see you all in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern. Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin
Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx

megdspilman

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for November 25, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM »
Still here! Still cookin! I'm officially off bedrest, but really not able to be super mobile. I did get out a little this wknd which was nice. It was really great to spend what might be one of the last wknds as a fam of 3 with my 2 boys. I am cherishing these moments before our lives are turned upside down. One downside to being "off" bedrest is our babysitting help is quickly falling off. So today I'm home alone w Kaleb and just trying to stay sitting or laying as much as I can.

I'll be 35 weeks on Wed! Family is coming to our house for Thanksgiving so we can be near the hospital just in case. Dec 4 is cerclage removal day, and probably go time. Can't believe we made it this far! Just still so overwhelmed w gratefulness to God. We get to meet our boys soon! Can't wait!

tulip567

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013 at 04:07 PM »
I'm 25 weeks now and starting week 8 on bed rest. Had an appointment with the Dr. last week. She was a bit concerned about the cramping and discharge I've been having for so long......so she did a Fetal fibronectin test. Then I had an ultrasound done. While everything looked great with fluids, growth and cervix.....both the ultrasound tech and the Dr. are "suspicious" about possible placenta accreta along the wall of my bladder. My Dr. will consult with an MFM about getting an MRI done. Hoping to get test results back soon but probably won't hear back from the MFM until after Thanksgiving. I have a follow-up appointment in 2 weeks.

Also, right after my appointment, we went to have our van checked (lots of knocking and pinging)...come to find out we need a new engine which we can't afford and so we now don't have our primary source of transportation. Oh, joy.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Thanking God for this little wiggling bundle still growing inside!
Long-term prayers for all of you!!!

jodibainum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013 at 04:19 PM »
Hi Ladies! I'm still here!  36w on Thanksgiving day!  I'm off bedrest, but taking it easy when I can!  I'm a little sore when trying to walk.  My left side, I call it "the Barbie doll joint", is sore!  It feels like I've been doing the inner thigh machine at the gym!  Also, he is running out of room so he enjoys pushing his feet into my ribs!!  I get my cerclage out next Tues the 3rd!!  I know he will come when he is meant to come, but I sure am hoping it is sooner than later LOL!!

Meg, so happy you have made it this far too!!  You get your cerclage out the day after me! Yippee!!

Tulip567, praying that all goes well for you and your sweet baby!   

becky77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013 at 09:00 PM »
Wow, it's hard not to be jealous of some of you ladies!  You have done an amazing job keeping those babies cooking!  I will be 29 weeks on Wednesday.  I've been on bed rest for 5 1/2 weeks now, and I guess I have another 7-8 to go (hopefully!).  My son's birthday (4 years!) is on Thanksgiving this year.  I will eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and then I suppose it's back to the sofa.  Sending best wishes to all!

Cassandy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013 at 09:22 PM »
Hi everyone! 30 weeks today, and 30 years old (happy birthday to me!), still with twins :)

My ultrasound on Friday was much, much better than the last one. The OB said the girls got an A+ ;) Baby A is growing much better, up to 1011 grams (her abdomen is still small, so she still has the potential for IUGR), and Baby B is growing well at 1425 grams. I still have a complete previa though :/ , so they gave me the big talk about not being allowed to go into premature labour, and all of the signs I need to be super careful of, and doing kick counts twice a day.

They also gave me the big talk about how our risk tolerance goes way, way down, so after my next ultrasound (not the one this Friday, but next Friday), we could potentially be talking babies anytime, which is a little scary.

Happy American Thanksgiving everyone :)

Hang in there, becky! It really feels like forever, but you can do it! *encourage encourage*

becky77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013 at 03:18 PM »
Cassandy, what does that mean about your risk tolerance?  Would they deliver you early on purpose?  Hope you are able to keep the girls in there longer.  Do they think your placenta might still move, or is it too late?  I know that mine moved (thankfully), but that was a while ago.  Best wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Cassandy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013 at 07:26 PM »
Becky - With the risk tolerance, it just means that they're not willing to accept any additional risk into the pregnancy, so if we have another ultrasound like we did a couple of weeks ago (where Baby A didn't grow very much) or if I develop anymore complications, or signs of premature labour, then they would deliver the babies early on purpose. I have lots of complications already (besides just twins and growth and previa) that it's just not worth it at this point to risk them any further. Hopefully I won't, though ;)

The placenta won't move at this point, we're wayyyy too far in. It's a complete previa, too, covering the cervix from front to back, so it's in a pretty bad position, and it might be what's compromising our Baby A.

But you know, it's medicine, so really this is all theoretical, and it might change by the end of this week, or someone might change their minds, or we might magically end up doing way better so... Take it all with a few grains of salt. I'll know the whole story once it's over :)

becky77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013 at 07:53 AM »
Cassandy--Isn't that the truth (about it changing all the time)?  I feel like every other week is good news/bad news with my pregnancy!  I hope that you get to keep the twins in there longer, but whatever is better for them.  The best things about these complicated pregnancies is that the doctors are constantly monitoring them.  I wish you all the best.

babybumpad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM »
Hi everyone
Just a quick visit back.  Twin girls were delivered on Wednesday morning at 30 weeks, 1386 and 1341 grams (around 3lbs 3 oz I think), I went into labour on Saturday night which was stopped with Nifidipine so I could get airlifted to another hospital (no NICU beds) then again went into labour 3 days later unable to stop with Nifidipine.
30 weeks.  One day over when my son was born. 
The Girls are doing well but expecting a long journey ahead
To all those out there - keep em cooking!!!!

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013 at 07:56 AM »
Hi everyone.

Sorry I disappeared. As it so happen’s my bed rest baby arrived on Sunday 17th November at 6.49 pm. After 40 wks 5 days our daughter Tshala Desi arrived after 11 hours labor and an emergency c-section. Weighing 4.27 kgs she's healthy, gorgeous and very much loved. To be able to look at her, hold her, just be with her is a most precious gift.

My EDD was 13th November but after last doc appointment I was told I could get up to the 20th without any interventions so we decided to wait it out in spite of the massive discomfort. I was huuuuuge by this stage and struggling with everything. On the 16th I woke up 7ish feeling that LO hadn't been moving much and throughout the day got increasingly agitated about the lack of movement. My midwife advised me to go straight to the hospital maternity where I was booked to have the baby and get checked. Foetal heartbeat was fine but the doctor felt my gut instinct was more important than what the machines said and admitted me.

My plan was to have a natural birth and induction was certainly not part of the plan but at midnight they started my induction with a vaginal suppository. I managed to sleep through some pains and at 7am the 2nd vaginal suppository was put in. Water broke soon after and the labor began in earnest. By 10am I was 7cm dilated and we were anticipating delivery by 12pm. Sadly I never got past 7cm and at 6pm my awesome team of 4 - midwife, doula, husband and BFF – soothed and comforted me as my doctor broke the news that baby was in distress and I was unlikely to dilate further. I was overcome with flashbacks of losing Isaac, my wonderful pre term son, who died as I gave birth to him on 12th Sept 2012.

At 6.49pm Tshala was pulled out healthy and strong. Once we saw her we realised she wouldn’t have got through. She was a big girl! I went home 2 days later and I’m recovering well.

So to you all – thank you for the support through the tough weeks leading up to Tshala’s birth. Hang in there. Cry when you need to cry; laugh when you can laugh...  and keep em cooking! Your all brave and wonderful women. Wishing you all the best.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013 at 03:55 PM »
she is a big baby! Good job! She's gorgeous, congratulations! :)

becky77

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013 at 09:52 AM »
Cazz, congratulations!  What a wonderful success story!  She's beautiful!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013 at 11:25 AM »
Way to go, mama! She is ADORABLE. And look at those full, healthy cheeks! Yay!!!!

cazz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013 at 07:07 AM »
Thanks for the best wishes!