Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: symphysis pubis dysfunction  (Read 2290 times)

cranberry

• 37 years old, from wisconsin
    • View Profile
symphysis pubis dysfunction
« on: December 03, 2013 at 10:12 AM »
I have been dealing with a pain in my hips/groin for the since week 23 and I am in week 28 now...it is disabling...even rolling from side to side in bed seems to aggravate it, let alone trying to go to the bathroom...I started physical therapy a few weeks ago, and I am hoping it helps.  my question is has anyone else had this?  I have never had it with either of my pregnancies before, and it is relatively new.  but I did have symptoms of it like the shooting pain in the birth canal...I am glad I am getting help for it, but I am seriously getting depressed with all the pain I am having...and that on top of the contractions, I am a wreck...lonely, I only leave the house to go to doctors appointments.  my kids do school in my bed...it is kinda fun for them, but I feel very isolated..

BedrestPractitioner

Re: symphysis pubis dysfunction
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013 at 11:35 AM »
You may find these suggestions helpful.  We've had clients benefit from gentle yoga moves (while laying down - only attempt if it's safe), applying essential oil blends on the area to decrease inflammation and pain, staying hydrated with distilled water to aid circulation/blood flow.  Watching comedies may assist as well.  Laughter boosts the body's feel-good hormones!