Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 3, 2014  (Read 2178 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 3, 2014
« on: March 03, 2014 at 10:27 AM »
Five Ways Prison Is Better than Bed Rest

1) Daily showers
2) One hour of exercise each day
3) Time spent outdoors on chain gang
4) Spending time with others in similar circumstances
5) Conjugal visits

I haven’t shared that in a while, so I thought our new members might get a kick out of it!

As always, let us know how many weeks along you are, and what you've been doing to stay busy. Also, take a moment today to connect with another member by responding to her post. Stay connected…

And keep 'em cookin'!
--Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

jennylou

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 3, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014 at 01:09 PM »
Hello- I'm still cooking at 36 + 3 days! I'm really thankful to have come this far and feel inspired by those moms who have already brought their babies into the world. I am ready and willing to  bring my little one home as soon as she makes her desire known! The last few weeks of pregnancy seem to take forever but I am grateful to have been able to hold on this long!  As I am also at the end of my bed rest journey since my last week's dr appt she told me I could get up and live my life! But it has proven to be somewhat tiring after all. As much as I have been waiting for the go ahead- I find myself getting tired easily when I try to do too much, and then I find myself back on the couch laying on my side. So for this week I have decided to try to work up some stamina gradually hoping that is better for my body to adjust to the up right position. But I have been able to start organizing baby things and preparing my older daughter for some changes, like her future roommate:) a big girl bed, etc. Interestingly enough, although I have endured basically 10 weeks of BR, I had my moments of depression and frustration, now it seems like one long dream as my head and emotions have begun to focus on the excitement of a new baby and how she will bring about so many wonderful changes to our family! A big thank you to all the ladies who take part in this community and all the best to those of you beginning your own BR journey! You can and will do it!

Emily_Aldargator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014 at 02:55 PM »
OMG those prison comments had me howling!!! Lol!!!

I'm still cooking at 36 weeks 1 day and so happy!! I will be likely taken off bedrest at 38 weeks and given a cervical exam at that point, which he is pretty confident will irritate my uterus enough to kickstart labour. If not he'll do an induction the following week... Weird to think of the possibility of an induction after doing everything we can to keep her inside!!  If she doesn't want to come with gravity and cervical irritation then I'm more than happy to try "hugs before drugs" ;).  My placenta has grown upwards right to the 2cm cervical OS clearance mark so I'm allowed to attempt a vaginal delivery!!!!! Crazy. Yay!!! It's hard to believe that I've spent over two months in bed. So thankful that we've gotten this far. Her amniotic fluid is low and blood pressure is creeping up but not so bad that they are screaming for delivery earlier than 38 weeks. She has a higher chance of going into distress and needing a section but it's nice to know we can at least AT&T a regular labour and delivery first. Very happy for the time that bedrest has bought me. Hopefully my cervical insufficiency means a nice short labour that is easy enough for her to tolerate without a cesarian! :)

isabelsmama

• Abigaile Grace - our angel baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014 at 10:23 PM »
A little late to this reply for this week but I am now 30wks 2d and have been on hospital bedrest now since pre-term labor started on Sunday afternoon/evening. We were able to stop it with 48 hrs of magnesium sulfate and several shots of terbutaline (delayed long enough for me to get both steroid shots for the baby's lungs, yay!) We have now transitioned to nifedipine to keep the uterus calm as of yesterday evening. On Sunday night / early Monday morning after a few hours of painful contractions, I was dilated to 2cm and the OB and nurse could both feel baby's feet in the water bag through the cervix, but two checks since then have put me more like at 1cm so it seems to be reverting some and definitely not dilating any further, despite still having very consistent contractions. So all good news!

As long as I tolerate the slight med changes they are doing the next 18 hours, and I don't dilate any further or have any super painful labor contractions, I will be sent home on (most likely strict) bedrest at home tomorrow. I had been on modified bedrest at home since 21 weeks but this will look and feel a lot different so I may be reaching out for support and advice!

Blessings ~ Kristy
Proud mama of Isabel (12-2007, 38wks), Josiah (01-2010, 32wks), and angel baby Abigaile Grace (23w1d). Large retroplacental blood clot / subchorionic hemmorhage caused me to bedrest for Weeks 21 & 22, and we delivered Abbie by c-section on 11/26/2012 and she went to heaven 10 hours later. </3