Author Topic: Short cervix ...16weeks..fourth premature labor  (Read 13744 times)

evelyn

• View Profile
Short cervix ...16weeks..fourth premature labor
« on: March 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM »
Hi there...I have a history of three pregnancies that involved premature labor at weeks 27-29. I was put on lots of meds ...hospital bed rest and carried babies till 34 35 and 36 weeks. Now I'm on the journey again except this is my first time I had short cervix so early! I had an emergency cerclage for the first time an ow bed rest at home. Last week I thought my water broke but was false alarm thank god. Going insane thinking a oboist 20 weeks of bed rest...and it's so early with o many contractions... I don't even know if this baby will make it :( ...hard to stay positive through this so here I am googling a support group.....support any one?

Zoe

• View Profile
Re: Short cervix ...16weeks..fourth premature labor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014 at 02:20 PM »
Hi Evelyn,
Sorry to read you're worried, it's very understandable.
I had emergency rescue stitch put in at 20w+4 following full (painless) dilation and bulging membranes.
We had gone from discussing our baby's funeral as birth was imminent to being given a glimmer of hope by another consultant at a different hospital...
Every day I have been worried at every little twinge and pain.
I am 26weeks today, and like you worrying if our daughter will make it...
Getting to 24 weeks was our first goal as we then knew our baby could receive medical care...
Our next goal was 26 weeks - which we have reached today...
Everyday our baby is getting stronger.
I've been resting for 6weeks tomorrow - it feels like 6years but if it helps our daughter remain where she is i would do again in a blink of an eye...
Next goal 28weeks...
Take care Evelyn and keep resting...

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014 at 08:38 PM »
Wow 26 weeks...that's alife time away for me. Thank you for all your encouragement. I'm thinking along the same lines...if I make it till 20weeks....I'm contracting like crazy and at high risk that my stitch will tear. Meanwhile I kept on cookin but not sure if its for nothing.  I knew when I became preg that I'd probably be on bed rest based on my history but never imagined this early.

Zoe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014 at 06:29 AM »
Morning Evelyn,
Hope you're doing ok?
At the time, had someone have said I would have made to 26 weeks I wouldn't have thought it...
We were thinking-taking days / nights at a time.
Silly question are you drinking plenty of water - you probably are but just incase you weren't...
I have read laying flat on your left side, as you probably know is also best as even sitting in bed with feet up can put pressure on cervix.
Take care and keep resting

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM »
Yup drinking plenty of wat but these contractions keep coming very randomly. Sometimes 3 minutes apart for an hour and then slow down....I'm like a contraction machine! Going next week to check my cerclage and make sure contractions aren't causing any more cervical change cuz if they r they need to take out stitch. Really don't want to think about that...just hoping for the best

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014 at 07:43 AM »
30 weeks now and not taking a day for granted to still be cooking. Off to my drs appointment to check cervix...hoping she will let me go ome...never know with these appointments. My kid start day camp today and really want o make it back to see them off before they go....wish me luck 8)

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014 at 09:11 AM »
Best of luck!!

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014 at 10:19 AM »
Woohoooo....she said everything looked ok....going back in two weeks gd willing....can't believe I made it this far!!!!on to week 31!

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM »
That's great news! On with the bed rest.

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014 at 01:05 PM »
With my other three I was on strict hospital bedrest with lots of meds so I feel like this is not really bedrest just taking it easy...still see my family..still having regular meals...doing some work ...just o cooking shopping or cleaning...I'm used to a lot more restrictions so this is not too bad...although I do go stir crazy...and then I eat ice cream!!!

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014 at 03:45 PM »
I am craving chips and cream soda :)

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014 at 08:51 AM »
Terrible night has contractions every five minutes but fell asleep while timing them...think they somewhat slowed down now although they r painful. My dr only wants me to call if they get closer more intense or if bleeding bec that would mean my stitch was tearing. Talk about anxiety!

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014 at 11:01 AM »
I hope you are resting now and the contractions have stopped. Post when you can.

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014 at 12:31 PM »
A lot better now. Comes in waves....when it's really quiet I kind of now I'm gonna get a huge wave of contractions .....taking magnesium powder recommended by my chiropractor ...maybe that calms it down.

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014 at 10:49 PM »
Timing contractions again...every 5 minutes for over an hour if thy don't top soon ill call my d