Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hi from Montreal!  (Read 19591 times)

Prachi

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Montreal!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014 at 09:04 AM »
Same here. I have a countdown going on my iPad. 7 days to 24, 97 to 37 weeks. :)

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014 at 09:06 AM »
How are you doing Evelyn?

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014 at 10:37 AM »
Burned out from bedrest honestly....I cheated a lot..went for ice cream with kids...coffe with husband...waxing...contractions not as bad as before tho. How r u?

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014 at 11:22 AM »
I am ok. Cervix length check tomorrow. Hopefully there will be good news or at least no change. I will still stay on bed rest though at least till 28 weeks even if it is self imposed. But yes it will be so good to be out of the house. I have  only been to the hospital twice since April 17th. Thankfully weather is still not that great, so I am not missing out. How is the weather in NY?

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014 at 12:54 PM »
Had the ultrasound today. Length is 20mm. Increase of 3mm since 2 weeks ago. So, it is stable. Doctor advised to continue bed rest and prometrium and will see again in 4 weeks. No more ultrasounds will be done to check the length.

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014 at 08:23 AM »
24 weeks today. First goal done. Next goal is 26 weeks.

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014 at 09:55 AM »
Prachi, congrats on making it this far!!!  We can do this   :) :)
Linda

Zoe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014 at 03:33 PM »
Prachi - Big congratulations on 24wks!!!
Keep resting - you're doing really well x

MakeupMomma

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014 at 05:28 PM »
Hi Ladies, I am 24 weeks tomorrow. I had a FF test today and it came back positive. Have any of you had one yet? Cervix is the longest its been in ages and stitch is holding up well, but amniotic fluid is just below normal, baby is breech, and now had a positive FF test. Just curious if any of you have had any of these issues... Praying to get to 26 weeks too, am hopeful : )

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014 at 06:55 PM »
Actually mine turned out positive with a previous pregnancy and didnt deliver for weeks....and turned out negative with another pregnancy and I delivered the next day...really to accurate with me that's for sure

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM »
I had a positive FFn on April 28th. The frustrating thing with the test is it is only truly helpful if you get a negative! Positive means we'll have our babies early, but when is unknown. I would just continue to rest and not cheat! I also heard the results are only good for 2 weeks. My dr didn't take another test for me but maybe I should ask at my next visit.
Linda

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2014 at 07:45 PM »
Yes, we can do it!!

I never took the FFN test but I read that the negative result is the most accurate, almost 97%. And in many cases, positive result accuracy depends on the way the test is done. But no result is 100% accurate.

Best of luck.

I would really like some ideas on passing time. What are you guys doing these days? Before I use to read a lot but I seem to lack focus now for reading.

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014 at 02:39 PM »
It is hard to stay focused.  I have books, movies, Netflix, and I really shouldn't complain because I can actually telework during the day, which takes up many hours.  I did find that my calendar/journal really keeps me focused.  I'm not really one to journal but I like making tiny notes about the day, who visited, etc.  I asked my husband to get us a new address book because I'm terrible with keeping it up and haven't created/upgraded for years.  I think that will keep me busy for the weekend.  I also shop, like crazy, online. Not that I can buy anything!  I can't think of much else to do.  I have visitors, which is nice, but I have a very small bedroom which makes it awkward for everyone to sit on the bed!  What else is there for us to do?!  I am terribly undomesticated so knitting, crafting, recipes are out of the question.
Linda

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014 at 07:46 PM »
I am just like you. Not much interest in knitting, etc.

However I am learning to clean the house better on YouTube. I got these ultimate cloths online. Just use water and they do not leave any marks on glass or mirror.

I watched movie Julie and julia and now I am interested in French cooking. Let us see how long this lasts :)

tashy77

• Loving Life and staying strong
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014 at 04:12 PM »
What kind of countdown app do you use? 
It's so helpful to read about all of the milestones, my next one is 28 weeks  :). A friend of mine has offered to throw me a shower. I have no family out here so I was very surprised and happy with her offer- something to look forward to.