Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hi from Montreal!  (Read 19585 times)

lmj1979

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Montreal!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014 at 11:00 PM »
Today is 3 weeks since he was born and now he weighs 2.4 (from 1.15). It is slow going but at least it is increasing! We are told to expect his stay to last until his due date - Aug 16. Since you're getting more ultrasounds, do you get to see the 3d images? I thought that was so neat! You're almost at the rapid weight gain part :) 2lbs now is great.
Linda

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014 at 09:49 AM »
They do not do the 3d ultrasounds here as it is all paid by the taxes and considered to be "free". Some private places in montreal I know do offer it. But we never had one done.

I am almost 28 weeks now. So, yes it is time for rapid weight gain. I already feel so big. But I also know that it is a privilege to be in 3rd trimester. This pregnancy is just so different than my first. I never thought about counting weeks with my daughter. All I remembered was the due date. Every time in will go to the hospital, they told me I was in this week and I would say ok.

This time I am counting days, weeks and months. Every single day is a blessing.

2.4lbs is good weight for 30 weeks. I am sure he will keep gaining.

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM »
Yes, every day is a blessing! My nurses said each day in the womb is 3 days less in the nicu. I don't know if there is truth to that but I liked hearing it! I still can't believe I'm not pregnant anymore, since I planned my whole summer to be big and feeling him kick. But, all is turning out better and better with my son. He weighed 2.7 tonight.

You are almost at 28! I'm so glad for you.  :D
Linda

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2014 at 08:56 AM »
28 weeks today. I have started to have the restless leg syndrome plus I keep getting cramps in my legs during the night, making it harder to sleep. I am still tired in the mornings. Last night was really bad.

Linda, yey for Oliver. He will be home in no time. I also read the same thing about 1 day in womb equals 3 less days in NICU.

Evelyn, are you still there? Let us know how you are doing.

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2014 at 10:11 AM »
Finally off the bed rest. Had NST yesterday and it went well. Doctor said that I can be start to move more. Just don't go for 3 hour shopping trips :)

Finished 34 weeks. I cannot believe that I was on bed rest for almost 100 days. It was hard but we made it.

My cesarean is on August 28th.

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM »
Congratulations on 34 weeks and having your life back! You did great and should be proud!! Gives me much inspiration!
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2014 at 12:33 PM »
Thank you. I can tell you that I had it very easy, no contractions or bleeding. I am a bit scared now though as I do not know how to take it easy or how to start. I still have not done anything again today except getting ready :)

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014 at 02:32 PM »
Prachi, that is so good to hear!!!  Your baby is lucky to have such a strong mommy.  No one says you have to get back to the normal routine so quickly.  Just take your time and enjoy getting ready for little one's arrival!  Way to go ;)

Linda

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014 at 02:48 PM »
Do whatever feels comfortable to you. Don't push yourself and enjoy the time you have left carrying your precious little one.
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

Batting200

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM »
Hi Prachi! Your big day is almost here! How are you feeling? Have you been able to spend more time with your daughter before the little one's arrival?
I delivered last Monday - ended up going to C-Section (again) - but he's healthy !!! And we're slowly transitioning from every 1 h cluster feeding (which he decided would be best to cluster from 7pm to 6am...but I'm so happy to not be in the NICUagain and actually breastfeeding my baby instead of pumping 12 times a day...so I'm not complaining!) I posted a pic of him on my original post thread.
In a weird way, I think being on bedrest made the transition easier for my 2yo. Mommy was already out of commission, so now that I'm always feeding the baby, she doesn't get too jealous (it's like an extension of my 'disability' - ha!)
I hope all goes well on the 28th! I'll be thinking about you!