Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 5, 2014 -- Reach Out  (Read 4797 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 5, 2014 -- Reach Out
« on: May 05, 2014 at 08:59 AM »
It has been very exciting to see so many to members join the Forum over the past week! You all are doing the most important job in the world and you deserve all the support you can get!

All members, please get us up to date! How many weeks are you? Any doctor's appointments planned this week? Also, what are you looking forward to this week?

Can I get everyone to commit to reaching out to a friend this week? Invite a friend to come visit you, and maybe bring a meal from a favorite restaurant or bring you a snack food you've been craving. Or, call an old friend for a long chat. Is there a board game you haven't played since you were a kid? Play it. And of course, reach out to another bedrest mom on here. Staying connected to other people helps SO much!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesday at 2 pm EST: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

evelyn

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 5, 2014 -- Reach Out
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014 at 09:14 AM »
Still cookin here...23 weeks. Want to labor and delivery last week with contracts coming every two minutes but thank gd no cervical change since cerclage put in so contractions seem to be doing nothing at this point. Have my next appointment next week. Util then dr said I can go to work and stay put when I come home. I cheat here and there...like go for a coffee or lunch with husband if he drives right up to the shop. Enjoying the beautiful weather before restrictions might get more strict later on and spring is my favorite time of year...I don't want to miss it! Opening up windows wide and lying near window helps a lot!

justinehere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014 at 09:21 AM »
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I'm a week and a half into modified bed rest for pregnancy-induced hypertension. That means that I can do short, non-stressful activities outside of the house (walk for 1/2 hour, go out to lunch or the movies, etc.), but nothing with prolonged standing and definitely nothing stressful. No big grocery shops on my own. Most of the time I just have to rest on my left side. I'm 34 weeks and three days, and the baby seems to be fine and growing well. It's my job just to rest, not get my blood pressure up, and monitor myself for any signs of pre-eclampsia.

While I am grateful for the time to rest along with the opportunity to go outside for little trips, I'm finding it challenging to not have the structure that going to work used to provide me. My husband is leaving today for a two week work trip (he can drive back home in 8 hours if an emergency happens), so I'm having some anxiety about being on my own for that long. We are from Los Angeles originally and moved to Toronto about a year and a half ago. While I do have some nice friends here, none are that close, and my parents are very far away. I have pretty bad heartburn, acid reflux, and insomnia, and between those and not moving very much, I'm not feeling as fresh and fit as I could. I'd love any tips from other mommas.

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014 at 10:54 AM »
I will be 23 weeks this Wednesday. Have an appt for another ultrasound on Thursday.

Just resting with my feet up and trying to pass the time. I started playing candy crush saga yesterday.

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014 at 01:43 PM »
I'm 25 weeks and 3 days.  Been on bed rest since just before 23 weeks so it hasn't been that long - although it feels that way! I don't have my next check up until Monday, May 12th so I'm just hanging out, resting, and sneaking to the back patio to get some spring air.  I watched way too much TV over the weekend and am happy to be teleworking during the week, to keep me busy.  I have a few contractions a day (3-5) but nothing else.  My friend is stopping by tonight to visit, which will give husband a break and take my mind off of baby for a little while.  Glad everyone is hanging in there!  I think I'll be giving myself some polished hands and feet this week.  Not feeling very pretty in my elastic pants and limited showers...
Linda

Kimmd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014 at 05:22 PM »
I'm 24+3 days today. This morning I woke up thinking I may have peed a little bit without knowing. 30 minutes later I went back to the bathroom and discovered fluid was coming out and I was not peeing after all my water had broke. Contacted my ob and she ordered me straight to l n d. After the nurse and ob checked me out they decided that I would be admitted and immediately begin magnesium sulfate, steroid shots, antibiotics, and fluids. So far no contractions and the baby still has quite a bit of fluid remaining. I am  here until I have her and hopefully I dont contract an infection.

evelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014 at 07:42 PM »
Oh boy! Hang in there hopefully you'll get in a few weeks of cookin in hospital! Good luck! Keep us posted

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014 at 01:24 PM »
Thanks for checking in, ladies! Will any of you be joining us in the Chat Room today at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific?

Kim, how are you doing today? It sounds like your docs are doing everything possible to keep you cookin', which is good to hear. Please don't give up hope. I've seen many women have the amniotic sac reseal, and other women who continued to carry for weeks, even with a leak. I'm sending my strongest prayers and positive thoughts your way.

crashta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014 at 05:16 PM »
Hey, thought I'd check in, even if a few days late.

I am 38w 1d  :)  Just had a doctors appt. where they stripped my membranes again and I am 4cm dilated with a soft cervix and .5cm of length left.  Last Monday I was 2-3cm dilated as well.

So ready to have this precious little one so that I can return home.  It has been a long road for us to have this baby and after 5 months away from my husband, home & cats, this little one can make her appearance anytime!

Best wishes to all you mommas out there!

Kimmd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014 at 11:10 AM »
I wanted to give you ladies an update: we had our daughter Kylee Grace on Tuesday afternoon at 3:10. They tried everything they could to do to stop the contractions but nothing worked because I began going into active labor. Kylee was born at 24 weeks and 4 days and doing pretty well considering the circumstances. We will be here in the NICU for the nextcfew months and live the rollercoaster of it all.

Both Nicu and my drs seem to think there was an infection brewing which caused my membranes to break. Because we both are still being treated with antibiotics and test. Our little girl is definitely a fighter and showing her strength

Keep cookin ladies and bring those babies closes to full term.:)

Kim

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014 at 01:57 PM »
@Kimmd, I'm mostly a lurker now as I had my bed rest baby back in August. Just wanted to say that I'm wishing your baby a quick and uneventful NICU stay! All the best to you and your little fighter!

lmj1979

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM »
Kimmd, congrats on your sweet girl! Please keep us posted. Sending positive thoughts and prayers as she grows each day. And great job on getting to where you did!
Linda

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM »
Hey ladies! I missed you on yesterday's Roll Call. Please take a few minutes to check in here; http://forum.keepemcookin.com/index.php?topic=3454.0

AND... don't forget our live chat today, which will include a special guest! Hope to see you later...