Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roller coaster! Cervix shortened again... =( but no gestational diabetes!  (Read 3512 times)

mamajen2014

• View Profile
Hello All!!!
Just got home from weekly cervix check.  Took awhile for my OB to measure it...Guess he was checking out all the angles.  He said cerclage is now more anterior and cervix is flatter.
He measured it 1.7-1.6 from (2.0-2.2 last Wed.). 
He said to rest more (I honestly was moving around a lot more upstairs/standing more often then usual and picking up stuff off the ground).
He said my cervix was ok...and is happy I'll be 30wks next Wed.. That was his goal. 
My next appt. is next Tuesday with perinatal. He asked me to ask perinatal doc about second round of steroid shots.  Had first round at 26wks.
I'm happy that twins are doing well.  Saw and heard their heartbeats.  I feel them moving a lot more.  No other symptoms..and just found out I DON'T have gestational diabetes!  AH, this roller coaster!!
Hoping and praying for good news this coming Tuesday.
Do you think my cervix will just get shorter and shorter?  Also, twins will just get bigger and bigger...will the cerclage hold?  Will ask my perinatal doc on Tuesday.  Meant to ask my OB but was kinda bummed that my cervix got shorter.
Action plan...going to only sit up for meals...but majority of time laying down. I'm scared.
Thanks for listening/reading..Just needed to vent.
Hope you all are doing well!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014 at 03:14 PM by mamajen2014 »
Jen
Prego with Boy/Girl IVF Twins =)
TTC for 3yrs, unexplained infertility
EDD 11/5
Emergency cerclage (short cervix) at 22wks (July 2), ModBR at Home.
Cerclage removal and off bed rest 36w (Oct. 8 )!!! Grow babies grow!!!

wondertwins2014

• Mom of 2, b/g twins cooking cerclage funneling PTL
    • View Profile
Great news mamajen2014! 

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
For several weeks my cervix shortened week after week until the last two weeks and now it's holding steady at 1.1-1.5 (one side is shorter than the other). I've been told by my pernital several times the stitch will hold even if my cervix shortens beyond the point of the stitch. If labor starts that's another story bc they have to take stitch out then. You can be very hopefull as I've stayed stable for a long time and am 31 weeks tomorrow with twins. My cerclage was placed at 22 weeks. I'm on full bed rest with bathroom and shower privledges and have been strict about it as sitting standing puts more pressure on the cerclage per my dr.
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

mamajen2014

• View Profile
Great news mamajen2014!
Thank you!!! So happy I can still eat my sweets..in moderation of course! lol ;D
Jen
EDD 11/5

mamajen2014

• View Profile
For several weeks my cervix shortened week after week until the last two weeks and now it's holding steady at 1.1-1.5 (one side is shorter than the other). I've been told by my pernital several times the stitch will hold even if my cervix shortens beyond the point of the stitch. If labor starts that's another story bc they have to take stitch out then. You can be very hopefull as I've stayed stable for a long time and am 31 weeks tomorrow with twins. My cerclage was placed at 22 weeks. I'm on full bed rest with bathroom and shower privledges and have been strict about it as sitting standing puts more pressure on the cerclage per my dr.

Awesome!!!! Thank you soo much!!!!  Yay, for 31 weeks!!!! Congrats!!!
Jen
EDD 11/5