Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: In the hospital, broken bag of waters  (Read 2502 times)

Smalls

• View Profile
In the hospital, broken bag of waters
« on: October 26, 2014 at 12:23 PM »
I just wanted to update everyone and ask for prayer and positive energy to be sent my way. My water broke yesterday at 10 am, at 25 weeks +1, but he is measuring about 26.
no contractions or labor, no signs of infections just yet. Had first dose of steroids, was on the mag (not as bad as I thought it would be honestly) and cervix appears to still be closed, cerclage in place. We're basically on a waiting game as of now... Hoping to keep him in as long as possible.

BrittRose

• View Profile
Re: In the hospital, broken bag of waters
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014 at 04:10 PM »
Sorry to hear Smalls. Hang in there! Sending positive vibes your way that you can keep the little one in as long as possible. It's good the baby is measuring a little bit ahead. If they can keep the contractions at bay, you should be able to keep him baking. When I was in the hospital for my emergency cerclage, there was a girl next to me that had been there over a month since her water had broken. So, I know it's possible to still last a while if no infection occurs. Hoping for the best for you! Stay strong mama. :)

rasahali1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014 at 05:18 PM »
Im praying for you. Stay positive. We're all expecting Miracles

rasahali1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014 at 05:19 PM »
Do they know what caused your water bag to break since your cerclage is still in place?

Smalls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014 at 04:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the prayer and support. Oddly enough one of my nurses mentioned that in her non doctorly experience that a drop in the barometric pressure can even cause these things to happen! She said that quite a few women came in this week with broken water bags after it being quiet for a few weeks. The weather is really starting to change here in the midwest, and with of all this medical research and no concrete evidence ( I have no infection, not dilating...no other symptoms, no contractions)   I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came down to something totally odd like a dip in pressure, which I have all ways personally been very effected by ( seasonal stuffy ness and allergies and what not). She even said she had a woman once who jumped into Lake Michigan at 6 months pregnant and her water broke ( who is this insane woman?!) and ended up with a happy  outcome. I oddly feel better being in the hospital where my baby is being monitored every four hours, I'm on anti biotics, there is always a nurse to ask questions and get a reasonable answer for. Our next goal is 28 weeks and then on to 30,32, 34 etc. which puts him to be born right around Christmas if all goes well. The nurse also mentions that long term stress, like having a broken bag of waters for a few weeks sometimes actually helps the baby do better than if say you went into spontaneous labor at 28 weeks, because the stress hormones help to prepare the baby for birth sooner, like kicks everything into high gear. Clearly I love this nurse, she's been giving me some good stories to go off of. My parents came  this morning to take my son back with them, a few hours drive away from here, which feels hard but when I called him he barely wanted to talk to me he was having such a good time playing with his uncles and the puppy, made me feel better and a little less guilty to say the least!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014 at 05:02 AM by Smalls »

ninasmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014 at 09:16 AM »
I am hoping for the best and sending you positive thoughts. You are doing great and just stay positive cause that's all you can do for you and your little one.