Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to forum, 22 weeks and 5 days with short cervix  (Read 28068 times)

crnatasha

• View Profile
Re: New to forum, 22 weeks and 5 days with short cervix
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014 at 08:44 PM »
Thanks Nicoleclark. I never thought that I was stable until you said so. Crazy how sometimes I can't even think in that way.  I'm so glad I found this site.  You just put a smile on my face.  Not really a person that worries but I'm always been that moms that worries about her children probably more than most.  So thanks again.
38 years old, short cervix at 22 weeks 5 days, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014 at 12:00 AM »
Good! You deserve a smile! I wasn't a worrier until all this started with me as well. It's the mommas in us:)
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM »
You hit 23 weeks right?! Congrats on your weekly milestone! Every week/day is a victory!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014 at 01:01 PM »
Yes, I'm 23 weeks 4 days today.  I agree everyday in a victory.  Thanks! :)
38 years old, short cervix at 22 weeks 5 days, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week

lilylola72

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014 at 01:06 PM »
Natasha- maybe now is the time to apply for disability? Ask your doc if she can be on board with that, as you need to listen to your body. I can relate to how financially crushing this is, btw. Also for me, it puts tremendous pressure on my marriage, as my husband has to work double time caring for me. He does this lovingly, but it takes its toll. Do you have anyone helping you out?
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014 at 10:18 PM »
Hi Sarah, I'm applying for Family Medical Leave through my job.  I didn't know if a could apply for disability but I will ask because I know I still will need time off when baby does arrive. I have some help.  Thanks for asking.  Looking forward to Saturday, 24 week mark for us.

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM »
How are you doing girl? 24 weeks now right?! I'm also on FMLA. So far it has worked well for us.

lilylola72

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014 at 04:15 PM »
Natasha- it's my understanding that you can apply for disability now, and pregnancy leave after the baby is born. So I'd go with disability first to maximize things financially. It's going to be a real crunch for us, too- as my husband is also unemployed and looking for work! But on the bright side-here we are at 24 weeks!!! That's the brilliant news!!! Keep up the good work!!!
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014 at 06:32 PM »
Thanks Sarah, I will look into disability and save FMLA for after the baby has arrived.  Yes, Nicole me and Sarah made it to 24 weeks today.  I'm was so happy this morning.  Next, goal is 26 weeks.

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014 at 07:57 PM »
So happy for both of you!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014 at 06:27 PM »
I had an OB appointment today. It went well.  They listened to the baby and he sound good.  I ask about the length of my cervix and my doctor stated that when they did measure my cervix it was too thin to measure which frightened me.  He said he wasn't going to check me and to come back in two weeks.  I guess I'm stable an the progesterone suppositories are helping.  I which it was more they could do and I could do to make me feel more secure.  They seem surprised that I'm still carrying him.  One good thing my doctor said was seeing that I went full term with my other too that it was unlikely that I would have a preterm baby but every pregnancy is different. That was a little comforting.  It's just been a very anxious day for me.  My sister left today and that was very emotional and scary.

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014 at 06:56 PM »
I'm so happy you're stable. It's always great news. I would think if they were overly concerned you would be in the hospital? You're doing great!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014 at 10:04 PM »
Thank you Nicoleclark!

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2014 at 09:08 AM »
I made it to 26 weeks today! I'm so happy! When they first told me about my short cervix, I thought I wouldn't make it to 24 weeks. I was extremely scared and very anxious. Now I'm more positive. I still has anxiety and bed rest brings on more problems, financially, guilt, and much more.  But all that's important right now is keeping him cooking.  Thanks, again for all the support.  I pray everyone is doing great. Congrats, Sarah on 26 weeks!

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014 at 10:11 AM »
Yay Sarah and Natasha!