Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Um...gas issues?  (Read 2010 times)

lilylola72

• View Profile
Um...gas issues?
« on: July 25, 2014 at 01:59 AM »
Yikes! I am really noticing that I am super gassy since going on bed rest. Sometimes I get what I think are pelvic pains but then it turns out to be gas! I am grateful that it's nothing more serious, but I'm not quite sure how to handle the situation. I take Miralax daily to make sure that I don't have difficulty in the bathroom. I spoke to a maternal nurse today, and she said taking a stool softener is crucial, as straining can really negatively contribute to cervix shortening. Any ideas about how to handle this sitch would be appreciated. Is anyone else struggling with this?
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

Prachi

• View Profile
Re: Um...gas issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM »
Have you tried plums? I bought a huge bag from Costco and I put them in the water overnight and eat in the morning.

lilylola72

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014 at 11:54 AM »
I will try some plums! I had been eating a ton of fruit, but then there was a listeria outbreak with the fruit I was eating from Trader Joe's. So scary! I think the coast is probably clear now...
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014 at 12:15 PM »
Your still softener could be part of why you have more gas. I haven't yet, but know it's common in pregnancy in general. I tend to burp every time I sit up! Luckily my husband just laughs:)
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

NaniSalmon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014 at 03:32 PM »
My kids are calling me names my gas is ridiculous.  I was only going every 4 days. Then my doctor put me on 2stool softener s a day and extra 16 oz of water a day. I'm pretty regular for a bedrest patient however the gas is consistent. I figure its better than the alternative (constipation). My husband is funny about it too. He likes to throw the covers over my head or blame the dogs. As far as being regular I eat a good amount of cabbage and spinach.
Mrs. Salmon wife , mother of ,4 2girls ,1boy, 1baby girl Angel,  cooking #5, 2dogs, 1 guinea pig, 1lizard! ?? bed ridden since5/27 !