Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 4, 2014  (Read 6346 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 4, 2014
« on: August 04, 2014 at 06:54 AM »
Hello! A big welcome to our many new ladies who joined last week! And to our oldies but goodies, congrats for still being here! EVERY day counts! So give us an update:

How many weeks are you? Why are you on bedrest? Any appointments this week? Will you be joining us for tomorrow’s Live Chat?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas! 
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 4, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014 at 10:14 AM »
28+3 short/funneling cervix, rescue cerclage at 22 weeks and pregnant w/ twins. I have an appt this Thursday to check babies and  cervix/stitch. I'm hoping to get good news. Last week dr said there was increasing pressure on the stitch (I failed to ask what that can mean). So many times I'm overwhelmed and don't think of questions until we get home. Has several contractions over the weekend which concerned me, but upped my dosage of Procardia to 20mg and that seemed to help.
Hope everyone is doing well this week. Keep cooking my friends!
first pregnancy after fertility with B/G twins, cerclage & bed rest at 22 weeks

wondertwins2014

• Mom of 2, b/g twins cooking cerclage funneling PTL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014 at 07:28 PM »
My name is Michelle and I am 22 + 5 days today with natural boy-girl twins.  I had a TV cerclage placed on July 17th after my 20 week ultrasound revealed extensive funneling of 2.6 cm, debris and a CL measuring less than 1.6 cm.  I have been on full bed rest since the ceclage surgery (so just over 2 weeks) and daily progesetrone suppositories    I have a history of spontaneous PTL at 30 weeks which is when our 3 year old daughter was born at 3.2 pounds.  Although she is a happy and healthy little girl, we are hoping to keep our twins in baking as long as possible :).  One week after the surgery my CL was 3.2 cm.  At last week's appointment, 2 weeks after surgery, my CL was 2.4 cm and I was told that I have a dynamic cervix with funneling to stitch that we saw open and close during the vaginal ultrasound and could also see the lower baby's feet kicking the stitch during the ultrasound - which i continue to worry about.  I have a weekly appointment on Wednesday and hope to hear that my stitches/cerclage are continuing to hold.

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014 at 10:30 PM »
25+2, short cervix at 22+5, pregestrone suppositories, almost 3 weeks on modified bed rest. Stable! Looking forward to 26 weeks.  I pray every one is doing well.  I will try and remember the live chat tomorrow.
38 years old, short cervix at 22 weeks 5 days, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014 at 10:54 PM »
I'm hoping the same for my appointment Michelle. I go Thursday.
Natasha glad things are containing to go well for you!

mamajen2014

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014 at 11:25 PM »
Hello Everybody!
First time posting and I will sign on tomorrow to live chat =)
I am currently 26+5 with IVF B/G Twins.
Was put on bed rest due to short cervix (no funneling/no contractions) at 21+6 weeks (July 2) and emergency cerclage at 22 weeks (July 3). Cervix, in two weeks, went from around 3.4cm to 2.6cm. Prenatal Doc put me on progesterone pressaries (200mg/qd) till at least 32 weeeks.  Last time I asked she said she will take out cerclage at 37 weeks (will double check). 
Currently on 4w5d moderate bed rest at home.  Next doc appt. is this Friday.  I see OB every other week and Prenatal Doc ever other week.  Last appt. cervix was 2.0-1.9cm. Doc is happy with it. Babies are doing great and everything intact....Thank, God!!!
Jen
Prego with Boy/Girl IVF Twins =)
TTC for 3yrs, unexplained infertility
EDD 11/5
Emergency cerclage (short cervix) at 22wks (July 2), ModBR at Home.
Cerclage removal and off bed rest 36w (Oct. 8 )!!! Grow babies grow!!!

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014 at 10:55 AM »
Almost 36 weeks here. Off from bed rest since 34 weeks. Will be stopping the aspirin and prometrium this week.

We are on a little vacation at the moment. 100 days of bed rest has definitely taken its toll on the body. It is hard to walk for more than few minutes. I am still trying to take it easy but trying to be as active as possible without pushing myself too much.

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014 at 12:55 PM »
Congrats to you Prachi! Enjoy your vacation!

lilylola72

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014 at 12:38 AM »
Chiming in a day late...sorry! I had a rescue cerclage placed on July 14th at 22 weeks +2 days due to a short and funneling cervix. Since then, on bed rest at home. It's tough and very surreal! I am happy to report that I am now at 25 weeks + 3 days, and excited to meet the 26 weeks goal! Cervix has lengthened, and baby girl is going strong! Sending good vibes and lots of love and support for other mommies out there struggling with this situation.
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

bekacastille

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014 at 01:49 PM »
My name's Beka and I'm now 30+3, and have been on bedrest since the beginning of my 27th week. I have an incompetent cervix/funneling, positive FFN, and bouts of contractions that I get to go away through rest & Procardia :P They keep telling me I only have a couple weeks left most likely...praying I make it to 32 with this little girl! 32 weeks is also the day of mine and my husband's one year anniversary :) Wouldnt that be nice? :P

lilylola72

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014 at 02:04 PM »
Hi Beka,

I'm thinking about you and sending prayers your way that you make it to 32 and or surpass 32 weeks!
First baby Circe Rose due November 15-20, 2014!

Prachi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014 at 02:52 PM »
Thanks  Nicoleclark. Back today.

Welcome and hugs to all the new members. Hang in there!!

wondertwins2014

• Mom of 2, b/g twins cooking cerclage funneling PTL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014 at 03:17 PM »
Nicoleclark - how was your doctors appointment yesterday?

Nicoleclark

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014 at 04:39 PM »
Overall it went well. Both babies are healthy and growing at perfect pace. My cervix continues to shorten and now measures between 1.4-1cm. Dr said stitch will still hold but as it continues to shorten I run the risk of rupturing membranes once there is no cervix left. I've been having 1-2 contractions an hour for the past 2 days and dr wants me to be very proactive and head to the hospital if I have 3 or more. I'm 29 weeks today (yay). Hoping to go at least 30-32 or more.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014 at 04:46 PM by Nicoleclark »

crnatasha

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014 at 10:29 PM »
Thanks, Nicoleclark. I'm glad to here the babies are healthy and growing. Congrats. Praying you make it to 30 or more.
38 years old, short cervix at 22 weeks 5 days, taking it day-by-day, week-by-week