Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Deconditioning question.  (Read 1760 times)

Kmj023

• View Profile
Deconditioning question.
« on: August 05, 2014 at 05:35 PM »
Hi. I would like to ask if any of you have had to lay flat on back on bed rest and weren't allowed to sit up against pillows and if so, how did your body feel when you did? Did you feel disoriented or even dizzy? And what about standing? Did you feel dizzy or like you could barely walk? Anyone here pass out? Have severe weak wobbly legs?

I would like to know because it's been a month and half of bed rest and I'm super nervous about what's gonna happen when standing. Sitting up I feel weird enough. Thanks.

NaniSalmon

• View Profile
Re: Deconditioning question.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014 at 01:09 AM »
Hello! My lying flat with feet elevated in the hospital bed only lasted a day for me. I was dizzy and headachey ..but I was also running a high fever. I know now even with the ability to lay on my side when I get up to shower my feet swell.
Mrs. Salmon wife , mother of ,4 2girls ,1boy, 1baby girl Angel,  cooking #5, 2dogs, 1 guinea pig, 1lizard! ?? bed ridden since5/27 !

Prachi

• View Profile
Re: Deconditioning question.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014 at 02:54 PM »
I did not have to lie flat on my back. I could use the bathroom and shower everyday. I was on bed rest for almost 100 days.

I am off the bed rest for 2 weeks now and it is harder than I thought. I have no strength. Walking a little bit makes me huff and puff.

I guess it is going to be a bit easier once the baby comes and time passes.