Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 27, 2014  (Read 6942 times)

BrittRose

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 27, 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014 at 04:38 PM »
I know a lot of us had appointments today and I hope they went well. I thought I'd update on my situation...

I felt really good going into my ultrasound today since I hadn't had any discharge or contractions the past 3 days. I was expecting good news! But, not so much. My cervix went from a 2.4 last week to a 1.4 this week and it's starting to open a lot more than last week. The funneling is wider. The cerclage is still in place, but there's not much left to hold. The doctors agreed to let me go back home for one more week since I wasn't having any symptoms. But, it sounds like next weekend I could end up back as an inpatient in the hospital. They want to wait until then to do the steroid shots. After talks with the MFM and my OB, 28 weeks is even starting to sound out of reach. I'll be 24 weeks on Saturday, so thankfully I made it this far. All signs point towards starting to prepare for a premature birth though...

Trying to stay positive, but I think I just need to psych myself up for what is inevitably going to happen in the next few weeks. I've done all the right things with bed rest. I guess in the end, what is going to happen will happen no matter what. Damn this faulty cervix, lol. I just pray my little one will be strong enough when the time comes to hang in there.

rasahali1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014 at 05:57 PM »
Sorry to hear that news. I often feel like you. I wish my cervix could just be normal. We never know what God has in store!for us. Your baby can make it at 24 weeks. I'll be praying for you

Deirdre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014 at 06:30 PM »
So sorry to hear that BrittRose, I'll be praying for you and your little one.  Don't lose hope, my ob had another patient with a cervix at .8 who delivered almost full term.

My update, finishing up 4 weeks of bed rest tomorrow and hoping for many more. 26 weeks tomorrow and my last ultrasound at 24 +5 was a positive one, cervix went from 2.59 to 2.64, I was soooo happy to hear this but it doesnt change my bed rest, i don't want to feel too confident and start moving around more to have it shorten again.  I have come to a good place with the whole bed rest situation, I want my baby to stay in a lot longer.  I won't deny that some days I feel really down and cry a lot but its all temporary, and the prize in the end is priceless.  My son was born at 30 weeks and spent over 6 weeks in NICU, I don't want to watch another baby go through what he did. 
Other great news, my placenta has moved back into a normal position, it is no longer  partially over my cervix and my fluids are at normal levels, a few weeks ago the levels were slightly high. 
I havent had the steroid shots for baby yet, we have discussed it with my ob twice now but she is still comfortable with me not getting it yet as my cervix has been stable for 3 weeks now.  We will revisit it at each appt., after ultrasounds.  My next ultrasound is tomorrow, fingers crossed that everything is ok again!  My next goal is 28 weeks.