Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: I miss sex.  (Read 3730 times)

Ruby

• View Profile
I miss sex.
« on: December 06, 2014 at 09:13 AM »
I miss sex.  That is all.  I've been on bedrest for a 4 weeks, 2 days.  I feel like I've got a handle on everything else.  I've got a routine.  I'm doing arm and leg exercises.  My cerclage is miraculously holding.  My baby is still cooking.  All is well. ... except I really miss sex. 

BrittRose

• View Profile
Re: I miss sex.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014 at 11:47 AM »
Amen! I'm with you on this one. I've been on bed rest 11 weeks and that means 11 weeks with no action! lol. We've never gone this long before. When my husband and I first started this cerclage/bed rest process we addressed the fact that we'd be going 4+ months without sex. The idea of it was depressing, but we've somehow made it work. I miss sex/intimacy with him horribly. But (hopefully this isn't TMI), I try to "take care of him" when I can so he's not too frustrated sexually. That was another worry I had when this all started - not being able to satisfy his needs. But, he feels bad that he can't "stir" anything up with me at all in fear it could start up contractions, lol. It's a bummer.

We still try to cuddle and be close to one another even though we can't be intimate and that helps. But, I'm so ready to have my body back and be able to love my husband again. C'mon February! :)

Ruby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014 at 12:00 PM »
Exactly!  I do what I can for my husband,  but he tends to be even more worrisome than me.  He even worries that "hot and heavy" petting and kissing may send my cervix into an uproar.  Ha! 

rasahali1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014 at 01:55 PM »
Yep ladies I definitely feel your pain. I'm 11 weeks in on bed rest too but its been about 15 for sex. I had to stop when I got my cerclage. The struggle is real. I'm grateful that my hubby understands and I make sure he  isn't suffering as much as I am. Can't wait til all of this is a distant memory & my baby girl is here!

JessMick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014 at 06:19 PM »
Me too! But my husband is so determined to keep these babies in, so I am glad he's so supportive, but he's the same way won't never make out because he doesn't want to get me all hot and bothered! haha!  Hoping for at least 12 more weeks of bed rest!
Baby 1: 34 weeker, Healthy early baby boy!
Baby 2 and 3: God willing trying to keep them in until March 2015!

We made it!! Had the Twins March 6th! 15 weeks and 2 days of bedrest!

JessieO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014 at 11:14 AM »
This thread was too funny not to respond.  My husband and I had snuck in some action the day before we discovered my cervix was awry, so at least there was that?  The bad part is that was literally the ONLY time the whole pregnancy.  He's a worrier (sounds like alot of the husbands are) so based on my history, avoided sex like the plague once we found out.  So it's been about 8 months for us.  Kill me now.

The irony is when we finally can, it'll be after me having delivered twins vaginally (giving it a shot anyway!) so I can't imagine this is going to go well.  It's going to be a war zone down there, man.

Ruby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014 at 11:26 AM »
Well,  I finally got my husband to kiss me while we were horizontal in the bed.  He almost immediately pulled away and said,  "I can't. I just can't. " haha! 

JessieO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014 at 11:56 AM »
That's perfect!  Hahaha

Ruby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014 at 08:03 AM »
Girls! Last night,  my husband and I both "admitted" to having "sex dreams" since we've been practicing abstinence. We both laughed really hard as we told our dreams to each other.  My husband said,  "I feel like I'm 19 again.  But our second honeymoon is coming! " Haha!

Vicki8

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014 at 04:00 PM »
Just joined this site because of this topic! I've been on bedrest for only a week now due to premature rupture of membranes at 19 weeks. I'm already going crazy thinking about my husband all the time! Good luck ladies!