Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Uncomfortable  (Read 2872 times)

soccersweeetie

• View Profile
Uncomfortable
« on: December 30, 2014 at 02:07 AM »
So I have just reached the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy at 31+4.. before I do a bit of complaining let me say that I am incredibly greatful to have made it through 11 weeks of bed rest due to an incompetent cervix, which lead to an emergency clercage placed at 20 weeks.

In the last few days I have been uncomfortable. ...my hips and back ache, my neck hurts, it is becoming hard to breath after I eat, and laying down brings in major heartburn....Yippy for tums! O and i feel my tummy growing every day making it more uncomfortable to sleep.I know that all of these symptoms are normal in pregnancy but it is still hard to not over analyze every pain and uncomfortable feeling due to the situation we are in.  I know that I am looking for signs that point to preterm labor like regular contractions, my water breaking, bloody discharge, extreme lower back pain, etc... is there anything else that could manifest itself as preterm labor...so I can try not to over analyze every discomfort that I may feel until I deliver this beautiful baby girl?

BTW- thank you for listening to my rant ;)

JessMick

• View Profile
Re: Uncomfortable
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014 at 09:07 AM »
You've got this girl! You have been a champ! You are allowed to complain. 11 weeks is a long time! One more thing I wear a thin cotton panty liner at all times it's the easiest way for me to identify my discharge changes for any reason.  Sometimes a change in discharge will happen before and other signs. Just keep and eye out for clumpy gummy discharge. I never lost my mucus plug with my first son until I got to the hospitAl but I did get gummy discharge and unexplained diarrhea.  Good luck almost there!!
Baby 1: 34 weeker, Healthy early baby boy!
Baby 2 and 3: God willing trying to keep them in until March 2015!

We made it!! Had the Twins March 6th! 15 weeks and 2 days of bedrest!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014 at 10:07 AM »
You are definitely allowed to rant! Especially here.  ;) It sounds like you have a handle on any of the preterm labor symptoms to report to your doc, and Jess has offered two more important ones (a change in discharge and unexplained diarrhea). You have got everything under control!

You can "wear" all these pregnancy aches and pains as a badge of honor now and not let them set you down the anxiety path. I know it's almost impossible not to get anxious with so little else to do but worry. For the hip pain, are you placing pillows in between your knees when you are laying on your side/sleeping? Also ask your OB if it is okay to do some light stretching to keep your hips, thigh muscles, neck and shoulders loose. Try to save your "up" time for after you eat, to help with breathing and heartburn. For example, use the time after lunch to take a shower and the time after dinner to get changed for bed and brush your teeth, etc.

You really are getting close. I bet your OB will even lift some of your activity restrictions at 34 weeks, and then again at 36. That will give you a chance to build up your strength and increase you balance and flexibility. You can do this! Look how far you've already come!

Hope to see you at the Live Chat today at 2 pm EST!

Deirdre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014 at 10:31 AM »
Soccersweetie I'm right there with you. I've been feeling that way for a few weeks and now at 34+4 I feel absolutely done :(     nearly 13 weeks of bed rest. I see my of on Friday at which time I will ask about lifting bed rest but ironically I don't feel like I can even get out of bed today. Rant all you want, I will rant with you! I feel the same about over analyzing every ache and pain. The third trimester is supposed to be exhausting for everyone but for us being on bed rest for so long makes it so much worse. Everyone keeps telling me it's not much longer now but it feels like it's years away.

soccersweeetie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015 at 02:41 AM »
Thanks ladies for your encouraging words, advice, and communal complaining it always makes me feel better! I will wear the discomforts from now on as a badge of honor...we have made it this far and that is something to brag about. Jess I had someone pick me up some panty liners and so far it had been helpful. Thanks for that advice. Angela I have started sleeping with a pillow between my legs to lighten the discomfort the only issue is that I roll (if you could call it that with all the work it takes) when I sleep and loose my pillow...but it always seems to greet me when I "roll" back over. Deirdre you have made it so far congrats that is huge! And yes at this point the weeks are seeming to crawl by but we are in our finial stretch. We can do it! We just hit our 32 week mark today! This was the doctors goal, and I have a goal of 37 mostly to prove the Dr. wrong, and to get the clercage out. But my hospital bag got packed today just to be sure and we will be working on Hayden's and the husband's tomorrow. So we are all set and ready to go when she decides to join us. Happy New Year Everyone!