Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Irregular contractions (feeling nervous)  (Read 2346 times)

soccersweeetie

• View Profile
Irregular contractions (feeling nervous)
« on: January 11, 2015 at 09:45 PM »
Hello Ladies,

I just hit 33 weeks +3 days today. After having an emergency clercage placed at 20 weeks.  On Friday night I started having irregular contractions that were a bit uncomfortable, and feeling different then they have felt in the past. I can't describe the difference except that they are a bit stronger and last a bit longer 90 seconds tops. I don't feel like I'm cramping which my doctors have told me is more of a Braxton hicks contraction. I have only had onother labor sign which was 2 days of loose stool...not diarrhea, just looser than my normal, OH and I had an increase of discharge Friday and Saturday but not today. I'm not sure weather this is "normal" or if it's signs of preterm labor. I don't have the other signs like back pain, regular contractions, spotting, change in type of discharge. This is my first pregnancy and I really want to make it at least to January 26th, so I know that my baby has the best chance.  I know that at this point in the pregnancy she is pretty well off I'm just not sure what to make of what my body is doing. What have your experiences been? Is there any advice you have? How long did you contract before going into labor. How long did you wait to go to the hospital if you still had clercage in place?

O and my last apt on Thursday said that the baby was head down and that my cervix was measuring at a 1.8. This is only the 2nd time we have measured in the last 13 weeks. So I don't know what to think about that information.  If you have any information please let me know. As of now I am refusing to get out of bed (not my norm) even on bedrest.

Thanks so much.

JessMick

• View Profile
Re: Irregular contractions (feeling nervous)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015 at 12:02 AM »
Do you want to go to the hospital? Call your doc if it was me I would go in if possible. My doc makes me call for everything.
Baby 1: 34 weeker, Healthy early baby boy!
Baby 2 and 3: God willing trying to keep them in until March 2015!

We made it!! Had the Twins March 6th! 15 weeks and 2 days of bedrest!

soccersweeetie

• View Profile
Re: Irregular contractions (feeling nervous)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015 at 04:18 AM »
Jess I didn't go in to the hospital, but I was able to talk with my high risk nurse on Wednesday, and she did not seem overly concerned. It seemed to be regular body prep now that we are nearing the end of the 3rd trimester.