Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday May 3: We have a delivery!  (Read 4385 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday May 3: We have a delivery!
« on: May 03, 2010 at 07:42 AM »
@wombat has news to announce:
9:54 May 1: Maddox Marshall Siler born 8:39pm 5/1/10 18.5" 4lb10oz; workin hard2 breathe but overall healthy and adorable; mommy can't wait to see him!! Photo: http://flic.kr/p/7XPxF1

And yesterday @wombat reported: "Maddox is doing great!! Latching, eating, wet diapers..."

Congratulations on getting your little one to 35 weeks, including 41 days of hospital bedrest! Way to go!

And what is YOUR news for the week ladies? Any doctor's appointments? Any ultrasounds or cervix checks? Who's still cookin'?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 at 09:33 PM by Angela »

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Roll Call for Monday May 3: We have a delivery!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010 at 04:16 PM »
Twitter update from  @babygartman:
  @KeepEmCookin 34w2d, still in hospital, amnio and c-section scheduled for may 21! I'll be 37 weeks then.

What a great job she's doing!--Angela

Any other hospital bedrest mamas out there?

lilbsma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010 at 04:21 PM »
Still cookin at 38 weeks. 1.5 cm dilated 75% effaced. Feeling sick today. Threw up lunch. :-/

Addierama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010 at 05:07 PM »
still here 33 weeks:)

Addie

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010 at 07:56 PM »
I'm still cookin' at 30 weeks and 4 days.  Have been on bed rest for 5 weeks this Thursday.  I have 5 weeks and 3 more days until I am go off bed rest, why does that seem so far away???   :'(

gatheringdust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010 at 08:07 PM »
37 weeks today. OB appointment today went great. She said all my tests are looking good. I see the perinatal doctor on Wednesday. I've been getting bad headaches the past few days, which they said is because of the blood pressure. C-section date is May 20th, unless my bp goes up.

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010 at 10:09 PM »
Lilbsma: I bet you're getting close to delivery! And actually, there are two stages of labor where nausea/throwing up is likely. I wonder if you're dilating more?

Gatheringdust: Have I already bugged you about the signs of high BP/preeclampsia that warrant a call to your OB? Along with headaches (and call if your current headaches get worse) watch out for dizziness, nausea, sudden swelling, extreme fatigue, seeing spots, bleeding gums and hyperactive reflexes. I'm so happy you've made it this far! Now let's keep you safe!

Addierama: Way to go, mama! 33 weeks is a biggie. You can keep going, I know it! Have you listened to this bed rest meditation exercise? http://bit.ly/75pZR3

MVetter1211: Honey, I understand. When you have as far to go as you've already gone, it seems really daunting. A routine really does help the time to pass. Even checking certain websites at certain times of day, having a special snack to look forward to, and especially having visitors. For a long time I didn't want to see anyone or have anyone see me, but it only made me feel worse. Please don't hesitate to call friends and family and ask them to come by. They may think you may not want to be bothered. This may help you waste just an hour or so each day, but I post an Idea of the Day every weekday here: http://www.keepemcookin.com/bedrest.aspx  Hang in there!

You moms are such an inspiration! Thanks for checking in!

bianca419

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010 at 06:08 PM »
37 weeks and 5 days and still cookin'! I went off bed rest on Saturday and weaned off my medication last week so that last Friday (April 30) was my first day in 3 months off the Nifedipine. I've been having intense contractions ever since but nothing that follows a regular pattern - nor do they get stronger. Sometimes the pain disappears for a few contractions and then comes back later. I don't know what my cervix is doing - at 35 weeks when i was last checked it was closed. I'll be checked again on Monday at 38 weeks. Anybody have experience with Nifedipine/going off Nifedipine (a.k.a Procardia)  How long did it take you to go into labor? I'm trying to be patient and trust my body that it will do what it needs to do. But contractions like what I'm having are not easy to cope with - especially at night when they keep me from sleeping.

drapkowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010 at 09:51 AM »
26 weeks 2 days..on hospital bedrest for ruptured membranes for 2 weeks and 8 more to go!!!

Catticus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010 at 10:51 AM »
Hello - I just joined this forum today.  I'll be 28 weeks on Wednesday and have been through just 2 days on bed rest.  Saw the doctor this week and my cervix is 2.3 with a positive FFN test.  I was able to arrange to work from home but am still a bit lonely during this day.  Its fantastic to find this site!