Author Topic: Please help doctor wants to replace my existing cerclage  (Read 1016 times)

SaraStars212

• View Profile
Please help doctor wants to replace my existing cerclage
« on: April 21, 2015 at 09:46 PM »
I have had 2 second trimester miscarriages at 20 weeks due to IC. I am 18 weeks and had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks due to shortening cervix. At time of cerclage I was 1.7cm, since then I have continued to drop down to my recent number of .6. My peri wants to replace the current cerclage and put a new one in. I am on 200 mg of vaginal progesterone. I have been on complete bed rest since my cerclage placement and still I am shortening. I am asking if anyone has had a replacement cerclage put in and if it was successful.  I am really nervous because I am aware of my babies current possibility of survival and out outcome if this doesn't work, but I am unaware of other options and don't know if I should go through another cerclage surgery.

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
Re: Please help doctor wants to replace my existing cerclage
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016 at 12:48 PM »
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I don't have any experience with a cerclage so I can't offer you any advice. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

msjlow12

• View Profile
Re: Please help doctor wants to replace my existing cerclage
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016 at 04:46 PM »
Hey SaraStars, I will say to you Pray. I too at a lost last year at 17.6 weeks when membranes were bulging with a rescue cerclage. I am pregnant now and took all precautions starting at 10 weeks and shots p17 at 16 weeks,  and bedrest. At 15 weeks I started funneling at 18 weeks membranes were at beginning bulging.  MFM at the hospital a teaching hospital got with my new MFM bc he wasn't sure want to do. I've always stayed in prayer, at 18.4 I had a new one put in like fishing string and the other the one like shoe string revised. I did ended up back in the hospital at 21 wreaths thought I would deliver soon. But when checked manually both cerclages were in place and cervix closed. I took bedrest serious only up to bedside commode and kept bed T-berg. I was in the hospital for 8 weeks.  Home now still on bedrest,  I walk a little around the room. So to answer your question I had a second one place with all the risk but I never lost faith in God and worked it out in my favor. God bless (: