Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Baby Hazel born at 37 weeks and 2 days  (Read 2845 times)

chelsabean

• View Profile
Baby Hazel born at 37 weeks and 2 days
« on: April 27, 2015 at 12:23 AM »
I wanted to share my happy news! I was put on modified bed rest at the end of February for an irritable uterus and a history of preterm labor. I was getting Makena injections until 36 weeks and taking Procardia for contractions weeks 34-36. 8 days after my last injection, I went into labor. I wasn't sure if we should go to the hospital or not since I'd been having contractions for 3 months and hadn't had a baby yet, but it's a good thing we did.

Baby Hazel was born at 7:48 am weighing 7 lbs 5 oz and measuring 18 3/4 in long. We were able to go home the next day and she is breastfeeding like a champ!

I'm thankful for the support this group provided. It was important for me to know I wasn't alone and that bed rest was helping me stay pregnant and reach full term.

amy t

• View Profile
Re: Baby Hazel born at 37 weeks and 2 days
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015 at 07:50 AM »
Congrats!!!

wbondger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015 at 08:35 AM »
Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015 at 09:03 AM »
I can't express how HAPPY I am for you ... but I think the big smile on your face comes close! I am crying with joy! You did it! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and giving other moms hope that they can have such a positive outcome too! I'm SOOOOO happy!
Love,
Angela

ParijatDesh

• View Profile
    • Perinatal Wellness | Parijat Deshpande
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015 at 06:18 PM »
Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your story of hope! Enjoy your beautiful daughter and keep us posted on how you're doing!
-----
Micropreemie mom & Perinatal Wellness Counselor

Helping moms with a high-risk pregnancy & on bed rest feel calmer and more confident so they can have healthier pregnancies and healthier babies.

Comprehensive, personalized support specifically for high-risk moms: http://bit.ly/laborofloveHRP

Sydneymummy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015 at 03:44 AM »
Congrats and well done :) how lucky you were able to go home so soon after the birth!

It is so good to read about baby making it close to full term  :)

Best of luck!