Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll call for April 27, 2015  (Read 2220 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll call for April 27, 2015
« on: April 27, 2015 at 09:12 AM »
Who's ready to say good riddance to April and hello to May? Every day is one step closer!

Also, a big congratulations to our long-time member Chelsabean! After three months of contractions, 17P, Procardia, and bedrest (drum roll...) Baby Hazel is here at 37 weeks and 2 days!!! Send her your congrats: http://bit.ly/1GoK9gB

Let us know if you will be joining us for the Live Chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific.

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Join our live chat Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern: blog.keepemcookin.com
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

amy t

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll call for April 27, 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM »
Hello there. I'll be 33 weeks on Wed. Was admitted a week ago for contractions :(. After 2 doses of terbutaline and around the clock Procardia, they have stopped. I'm stable at 1cm and 60% effaced which has remained unchanged since admission. So going home today with even more strict bed rest at home. So hoping I'll make it for another 4 weeks!!!

vanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015 at 12:30 PM »
Bmoor's baby just arrived about an hour ago!  38 wks, 5 dys I believe!

vanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM »
I'm 38 and 3.  OB is talking induction - I'm terrified of that.  Very, very stressful week.  False labor for hours every night.  Not getting much sleep!  I must be nesting too.  I don't want to be around people.  Don't want to go outside.  All the window shades pulled down.  I've taken to resting in our little walk-in closet.  Totally irrational, but I prefer it.  I hope this one comes soon.  My nerves are frayed.  I'm frustrated and beyond irritable.

Absolutely no progress, still 2 - 3 cm, now 50% effaced, cervix still posterior.

Hevuva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015 at 06:14 PM »
Tomorrow is 27 weeks for me. I have had a ton going on at work and think I may have been pushing it too much, both with stress and spending too much time sitting upright in a chair. Sometimes I'm so grateful to be able to keep working - for the money, the distraction, the fact that I'm still earning leave instead of using it - but I wonder at what point I need to cry "uncle."

I've been going swimming whenever I can and it's so amazing to be weightless in the water and MOVED. Do you all ever just feel trapped in your body these days? Just this morning my toddler ran from me and ran up the stairs and I just couldn't stop him. If I'd been able -bodied, I would have followed up on my warning NOT to go upstairs without mommy or daddy, but as I am I couldn't jump up fast enough to stop him, catch him, nor was I really able to follow him up the stairs. Hardly a life or death scenario, but so frustrating just the same. I had to wait for my husband to come in and go after him.

My baby girls are rolling all around, nudging me to say hi. Such a nice reminder of what this is all about.

So many happy birth stories this week!