Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: well I delivered my baby today!  (Read 3671 times)

HardinFam

• View Profile
well I delivered my baby today!
« on: May 22, 2015 at 11:41 PM »
Well this morning I went in for a kinda random ultrasound at our local small town hospital that I asked thr dr for. I just wanted to see how the baby was going in general and also hopefully get a peek at the cervix if possible. Well right away the ultrasound tech could tell my amniotic fluid was low. She got measurements and such then towards the end aimed it low and looked at my cervix. It should extremely funneling with no improvement. I Stood up and went to restroom for a break and when I came back and she looked again I had no fluids at all around baby, it had all pooled in thr cervix. She immediately made me lay down and fixed the bed to the trendelenburg position and called the dr. When she came back she said they were sending me by ambulance(too foggy to fly) to the city to the hospital with the nicu. While we waited for the transport to arrive they took me to labor and delivery where they started iv and all that fun stuff. Then the dr came in too look at my cervix and when he did he gasp. Apparently my sack of water was bulging out of the cervix. They were concered my water would break I'm ride to the city hospital so they said they would have to to deliver here then transport baby to other hospital with nicu. The dr called for the nicu team from the larger hospital and we waited for them to arrive and set up all their equipment before the dr attempted to deliver. Because baby has been frank breech for so long they had no choice but to do a c section. I was having zero contractions yet had dialated to about a 4 without pain or signs at all. When the nicu team arrived and was done setting up their equipment in the or room, the dr then did my c section. The dr delivered the baby still inside the sacred so it would be an raiser transition from womb to land. We could hear baby cry while they finished sewing me up and such and when the nicu team got him stable they transfered him to the bigger hospital via ambulance. I am still in recovery at the small hospital . So far last I heard our baby is doing good. I can't beleive I gave birth today! If God had not planned out such good timing with things my Dr woild have already left for his trip, I could have had my water break at home and not enough time for the nicu team to assemble. I feel so blessed that the timing ended up being exactly what was needed. I am also so thankful to God for guiding the dr here to go ahead and give me tbose steroid shots when he did. I am in awe and shocked.
Baby was born at 26 weeks exactly weighing a little over 2 lbs.
Hubby, parents and my sister are now going to the city to visit our baby.

amy t

• View Profile
Re: well I delivered my baby today!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015 at 06:50 AM »
Congrats. Glad your baby is doing well in the NICU so far. Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and baby :)

wbondger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015 at 09:26 AM »
Congrats and best of luck to both you and the baby. Good to hear that the baby is doing well.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015 at 10:38 AM »
Wow! Thank goodness the timing worked out the way it did for you receiving the steroid shots and a having a safe delivery. Your baby is here safely.  :) Please be sure that you also take care of YOURSELF during this time. You need to recover from major surgery, so don't hesitate to ask for help and accept any help offered to you. Get yourself strong, so that you can then be strong for your baby.

Also, ask for the opportunity to do skin-to-skin contact ("kangaroo care") as often as they will let you AND your husband do it. (Sometimes dads get left out.) It is ideal for maintaining you baby's temperature, regulating heartbeat and continuing to make the brain connections he or she would be making in the womb. If you are comfortable sharing, did you have a boy or girl?

A group called Graham’s Foundation sends care packages to the parents of micropremies. Request a package here: http://www.grahamsfoundation.org/care_package_request.html

And, there's a wonderful group for moms of preemies here: http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemie Everyone is SO helpful. I really encourage you to join the group.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts! Keep us posted.

Angela

caroar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015 at 02:22 PM »
Congratulations on your little one!  So glad to hear baby is doing well.  God works in mysterious ways sometimes and I am so glad that you were getting that ultrasound that day.

I am sure you are in quite a bit of shock.  Those first few days are madness, but as someone else said, do your best to take good care of yourself.  The best thing you can do for that baby is to give it a healthy mom both physically and emotionally. 

Thoughts and prayers for as uneventfuly NICU stay as possible and that you get to do some kangaroo care soon with your little one.

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015 at 02:03 AM »
Congrats on the birth of your little one! 2+ lbs at 26 weeks is a good, healthy size for gestational age!!

Do you have a name picked out yet??

Praise the Lord for the timing and having your doctor available and fir the way they were able to get the NICU team ready sad in place! He's such a loving a gracious God to work out all of the details for our good!

Keep us updated on how you and your little peanut is doing!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28