Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for May 25, 2015  (Read 3409 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for May 25, 2015
« on: May 25, 2015 at 09:32 AM »
Hello, ladies!
So tell us what's new! Does anyone have any new books or movies to recommend to help pass the time? Also, does anyone want to propose a topic for our live chat tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific? Or, we can keep it open to discuss anything.

Keep those babies cookin'!
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/symptoms.aspx
Like Keep 'Em Cookin' on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin

amy t

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for May 25, 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015 at 10:44 AM »
Still cooking...37 weeks on Wed! Was going to be taken off bed rest, progesterone, procardia. However, during my cervical check, I was 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, and his head is super low. So my OB said to continue everything if I wanted to make it to 37 weeks. I know the baby would be fine if born now, but there's something about getting to that 37 week goal and a having a baby called "term", even with the new definition of "early term". Plus no need to car seat challenge! (Cut off is 37 weeks at my hospital). So I have a much needed trip to the salon scheduled for Wednesday morning.

So you ladies can do it! Even with my week hospital admission at 32 weeks, I'm still here cooking!

I'm sure you ladies have already watched these shows, but here's a few that got me through bed rest: Scandal, Parenthood, Nashville, and Revenge. And the book that is suggested on this website, "One Recumbent Mommy" was a really good read!!

Hope this helps!! You ladies can do this, one day at a time.

Pina217

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM »
I'm still here too, but started to reach the slightly depressed phase. These last 2 days have been blah...hope it's true what everyone says that the first 2 weeks are the hardest.

Mep2015

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015 at 01:22 PM »
32 weeks tomorrow. I have been on hospital bed rest now for 11 days. Trying to stay as positive and pregnant as long as possible. The baby is measuring bigger so that's good to hear. Still get my pessary removed and cleaned weekly and cervix measured. Last week I was 1cm :( still on meds for contractions but have to start to be weaned off of them as I get closer to 33/34 weeks. My fluid was starting to get a little low most likely due to the Indocin.

Hope everyone is hanging in and congrats to those who have made it so far!

GiveMeSushi!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015 at 02:55 PM »
I just joined, but I'm here too, 28 weeks tomorrow.  Having my cervix checked tomorrow, hopefully no big changes!

I've just finished watching Downton Abbey on Netfix, and I'm about to start Call The Midwife.  I also really enjoyed The Mindy Project (mindless chick humor) and Grace and Frankie.  Last night we watched The Wedding Ringer.  It was pretty funny, good for a few laughs!  I'm desperate to watch Jurassic World, and if I find an illegal version online I'm going to watch it that second! (bad girl, I know)

Every weekday I watch The Chew, and a LOT of Food Network! I tried watching the Rachael Ray shoe, but she just yells and interrupts her guests all the time and I couldn't even make it through a single episode.

Last night's GOT finally picked up the pace, so hopefully the last few episodes of the season keep things going and a few choice people bite the big one!

Have a great week everyone!

ButtonsAndSecrets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015 at 08:36 PM »
25 weeks 4 days!

Had an ultrasound today and my dynamic cervix is staying stable.

My OB needs to check at my appt Thursday if the pessary is sitting correctly but otherwise all good news today!

Baby girl is one 1 pound 13 oz and hitting all her growth milestones <3

wbondger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015 at 06:55 AM »
Still cooking at 30 weeks 5 days. I've been on home bedrest for 19 weeks now...but who's counting  ::).

Some days I am depressed, others simply blah. Contractions are have ebbs and flows and my last FFN test was "slightly positive" so I had to take antibiotics (again!) to hopefully prolong the pregnancy. My next FFN is on Monday, June 1st, so fingers crossed that it will be negative this time.

I find it extremely difficult to sympathize with supposedly close friends who live in the same city and yet haven't visited me during these last pretty tough 5 months. Is that unfair?

In terms of shows, I've wathced all seasons of Revenge, Scandal, Suits, The Mindy Project, Orange is the New Black and Devious Maids. All of them are good in different ways. Devious Maids was surprisingly addictive though quite mindless.

I found this book very helpful: http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-risk-Pregnancy-Understanding-Potential-Pregnancy/dp/0983264740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432723983&sr=8-1&keywords=high+risk+pregnancy and would recommend it to anyone in the middle of, or contemplating a difficult pregnancy.