Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 2cm dilated, membrane visible, no cervix left @ 24 wks  (Read 42750 times)

twinsat44

• View Profile
Re: 2cm dilated, membrane visible, no cervix left @ 24 wks
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
Congratulations on your daughters!!

That is fantastic that one is on the c-pap.  Both of my girls are still on the ventilator.  They will be 4 weeks old tomorrow :)  How is your wife doing?  C-sections are not fun.  I hope you can hold your girls soon.  It will be amazing for all of you.

I am praying for your family.  Please feel free to message me if you would like since we are in the same boat.  It will be a rollercoaster for sure and you will need all the support you can get.  One day at a time is my motto!

Beans2011

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011 at 08:09 AM »
Hi ladies-
Just a quick update, my girls are doing well. Both are on cpap with regular room air (no oxygen supplementation), and docs have said "they are doing great". We know it's very early still, but they are off to a great start. They've each had 2 brain ultrasounds and no bleeds were found.  My wife is getting discharged today and we will settle in to our new NICU lives.  I hope all is well with you guys. Keep me posted on yours.

twins

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
That is awesome - thye sound like thye are doing amazingly well I hope that it stays that way!!!!  Makes me very happy!  What are their names and how much did they weigh at birth?
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011 at 03:38 PM »
Congratulations, Beans! You and your wife did a great job getting the girls all those extra days in the womb! I'm sending prayers that they will continue to do well.

There's a wonderful group for parents of preemies here: http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemie Everyone is SO helpful. I really encourage you and Mrs. Beans to join the group.

Also, Graham’s Foundation sends care packages to the parents of micropremies. Request a package here: http://www.grahamsfoundation.org/care_package_request.html

You'll also want to check out Tami Gaines' website: http://www.preemieparents.com. Tami is so inspirational. Don't be afraid to ask for support during this time. There is a huge preemie community ready to help you, and be sure to share with your friends and family the ways they can help you during this time.

Love to all!
Angela

Beans2011

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011 at 07:25 AM »
Hi all-
Just wanted to give a quick update. My girls were 3 wks old as of yesterday and still doing good in the NICU. One is doing a little better with her breathing (room air cpap) and up to full feeds for her size, so no more pic line. Our other girl needs a little O2 supplement but is still on cpap and catching up with feeds. They are both gaining weight and extremely active. They have some of the "usual preemie issues" but nothing that is too concerning to the docs, but always scares us.  We are praying they stay on this path. I hope all is well with everyone.

KayEm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM »
Beans - So glad to hear your girls are doing well, and I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope Mrs. Beans' recovery is going well!
Baby girl b/d 9/22/10 (IC) at 17.5 wks
Baby boy born 11/9/11 at 37w6d after cerclage and 13 wks bed rest

twins

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2011 at 08:47 AM »
That is awesome - so glad to hear everything is going so well for you guys! 
Natural boy/girl twins!!
EDD November 1, 2011 (based on 38 weeks)
Bed rest at 20 weeks for cervical shortening
Cerclage placed at 21 weeks after further shortening
13 weeks and 1 day of strict bed rest and Mario and Amelia made their appearance at 33 weeks and 4 days on October 1, 2011!

Mumtaz

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2011 at 08:10 PM »
I'm so happy for you and Mrs Beans!!!  That is awesome news.  May your girls continue to grow stronger and more vital day by day!

Beans2011

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
HI all-

It's been a really long time since I posted, my apologizes.  Our girls are doing great and hope to have them both home before the end of the year.  It's been a long stressful road, but we see a light at the end of the tunnel.  It's so nice to finally hear all the doctors and nurses talk about how great the girls are doing (and how lucky we should feel).  I truly believe someone was watching out for them.

Happy holidays to you all, and just know, that even if things don't go as planned, you can still make it through and bring your babies home healthy.

ABig30

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011 at 06:20 PM »
What a great inspiration you are to us!  I wish you and your family a safe and enjoyable holiday season and that you bring your girls home sooner than later.

Anne
Bedrest on July 14, 2011  (17 weeks)for incompetent cervix and cerclage.
Off bedrest on November 8, 2011 (34 weeks)
Mom to beautiful baby girl Amélie born on November 22, 2011 (36 +4)

boygirltwins25weeks

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM »
Is this thread still active? If so I wabt to talk to you beans2011. We are in similar situation and I have been following your tgread for some time

Nikkicole1221

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2015 at 11:32 AM »
Hi all, currently in a very similar situation as Beans and wanted to find out how the girls are doing. We found out on Monday that I'm dilated to 3cm with a short cervix and am 22 weeks 6 days pregnant today with twin boys. No contractions to this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Happy stories are welcome too! :)

Beans2011

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2015 at 01:18 PM »
Hi Nikkicole - it's been a long time since I was on this site. Just got an email notification about you post. Hang in there.  Let me know if you have any questions. Our girls are almost 4 now and doing great. 

We feel the bed rest and the team of doctors at the hospital/NICU really saved us.

Nikkicole1221

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2015 at 02:13 PM »
So glad to hear that the girls are doing well and thanks so much for your reply! Your story gives us hope! We have a follow up on Monday and are counting down the days (8) until 24 weeks. I'm on modified bed rest (bathroom breaks and showers allowed) and on progesterone suppositories which is all we can do at this point. Thanks again!