Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New to site  (Read 2123 times)

89katg08

• View Profile
New to site
« on: June 06, 2015 at 03:11 PM »
Hello everyone, just looking for some positive experiences and feedback from other mamas that had went through this. I was at work last week May 28th standing when I started to feel a gush (tmi) of blood in my clothes. I went straight to the ER (which was about a 6 hour wait) then they finally transferred me to a bigger hospital with the closest nicu that was 1 1/2 hrs distance. There they admitted me to L&D and fetal heart monitoring and u/s showing that  my 26wk/5d LO was doing fine just bouncing around everywhere, which I felt so relieved he was doing okay! They did find that I have a partial placental abruption, and that my placenta was low lying posterior view. It was pretty close to my cervix they said but not quite on it. They couldn't get a good look on the amount of bleeding but they did get to see the tear. They gave me 2 shots of celestone steriod injections to ^ baby's surfactant production and a rhogram injections d/t me being neg. I stayed there for 3 days while being closely monitored 24 hours with iv lac ringers solu. Then when I was able to go home I got but on bed rest with bathroom privileges only.

So so far as today I'm still on bed rest throughout the remainder of my pregnancy, I'm still having some spotting that is continuous off and on throughout the day. So far I've been feeling the achiness of bed rest and effects of feeling constipated (even when I get lots of fibery foods and drink water). Today I'm 27 wks/5d and going to see my ob weekly for u/s to check on the placenta and growth to make sure everything is on tract with bubs. So far he's kicking it around 2lbs and growth is looking good. Hope everyone else is doing well and sending blessings to all the LOs! <3

GiveMeSushi!

• View Profile
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015 at 09:55 AM »
Hi, welcome to the bed rest crew, LOL.  Glad to hear your little man is doing good! Keep that baby cooking!! :)

caroar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015 at 01:10 PM »
Sorry about what you are going through and all of the stress.  My situation was totally different than yours so I can't give you any great stories but I will say that having the baby make it past that first 72 hours is great, and sounds like baby is doing really well.  Hang in there.

Background on me in case you have any questions - my son was a 28 week and 1 Day preemie.  like I said totally different scenario, but after a pretty typical NICU stay he is almost 2 and doing amazingly well these days.

Hang in there!

89katg08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM »
Thank you! I'm glad your lil man is doing good caroar :) I had another appt today and  so far it seems like there's a hematoma behind the placenta. It looks like it's trying to shrink and hadn't had much spotting today or yesterday. And lil nuggets growth is in normal limits at 28 wks 3 days. I'm still on bed rest and getting more used to it now and getting a routine. I make sure while in bed though to do a few ROM leg and arm exercises when I think of it. So far so good!