Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Positive Bed Rest Story....  (Read 1843 times)

amy t

• View Profile
Positive Bed Rest Story....
« on: June 11, 2015 at 06:37 PM »
Hi all. Just wanted to share my story and bring you all some positivity during this difficult time! My first son was born at 33 weeks due to PROM. My second pregnancy, I was placed on Progesterone injection from week 16. I was found to have a shortened cervix at 29 weeks and placed on Modified Bed Rest. At 32 weeks, I was hospitalized for pre term labor. I stayed for 1 week in the hospital, placed on around the clock Procardia, and went home on pretty strict bed rest.
I was able to get to 37 weeks, stopped all my meds, and was able to move! I even went back to work on the following Monday.
I delivered by baby boy this past weekend, June 6th, at 38 weeks and 3 days. After only 2.5 hours of contractions, no time for an epidural, he arrived after 2 pushes.
Any my dream came true, we were both discharged from the hospital at the same time!!
So hang in there, but you all can do it!!

Take Care!!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Positive Bed Rest Story....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015 at 02:50 PM »
Hey, Amy! Thanks so much for taking time to share your story. I know you have your hands full! I am so very happy for you! It's been great getting to know you all these weeks during the Live Chat and Monday Roll Calls. And thank you for the support you've offered other bed rest moms!

Stay in touch! I'd love to see a picture...

--Angela

ParijatDesh

• View Profile
    • Perinatal Wellness | Parijat Deshpande
Re: Positive Bed Rest Story....
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015 at 06:31 PM »
Congratulations Amy!! I'm so thrilled that you got the experience you had been dreaming for. How wonderful and incredibly healing for you! Wishing you your new little guy and your whole family all the best!
-----
Micropreemie mom & Perinatal Wellness Counselor

Helping moms with a high-risk pregnancy & on bed rest feel calmer and more confident so they can have healthier pregnancies and healthier babies.

Comprehensive, personalized support specifically for high-risk moms: http://bit.ly/laborofloveHRP