Hello there, parents and parents-to-be!

We’ve moved the conversation to Facebook. Although we have turned off new registrations here, we have kept all prior posts for you to read for inspiration, information, and lots of success stories! We hope to see you on our public group or private group on Facebook.

Public Private
Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Sore back/sciatic acting up and restless legs!  (Read 3024 times)

Kayc78

• View Profile
Sore back/sciatic acting up and restless legs!
« on: June 28, 2015 at 06:00 PM »
Anybody have any suggestions on what to do with restless legs? I feel like I ran and it's the next day when the calves are fatigued. But odviously it's just from laying down. I don't know what to do.. I have done some stretches and it's not helping. Also my sciatic nerve is acting up pretty bad and it's not like I can get a massage for it... I'm not having a good day. Anybody got suggestions? Please help?

Pina217

• View Profile
Re: Sore back/sciatic acting up and restless legs!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM »
Massage the calves and apply heat. You can also use a hot water bottle or pad on your back, that might dull the pain at least. Also you can put a tennis ball under you and kind of roll around on it and it acts as a sudo massager. And keep stretching and moving those legs as much as possible... Famous last bed rest words!

VFJFTwins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015 at 02:20 PM »
I have had some relief with alternating ice and heat. I have a good friend that is a licensed massage therapist / physical therapist and he came over and gave some pointers. The ice/heat seemed to help and then make sure you are using pillows under your legs if lying on your back and between your legs if on your side.

Teemeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015 at 08:53 PM »
How is your back holding up my cyber bed rest buddy.

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015 at 10:24 PM »
Hi ladies, thanks for the suggestions! The tennis ball helped a lot. And yes I got my husband to massage my calves.

The legs have been good the past 2 days..but sciatic pain hasn't gone away. But the tennis ball helps with relief.

Thanks again ladies!

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015 at 10:32 PM »
My sciatic pain has been unbearable at times and I'm positive laying in bed 24/7 makes it so much worse!

I asked for a heating pad which helps a tad, plus I'm allowed shower/bath privileges so I take a hot bath with the jets on to relive the pain.

My chiropractor comes to the hospital to adjust newborn babies so I asked him to swing by and adjust me the next time he was at the hospital. The first adjustment didn't help but he said it should help after he does a few more over the next several weeks.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this on top of everything else! I hope you can find relief!!!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28