Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 4 Years Later...  (Read 1508 times)

momofbabyblue

• View Profile
4 Years Later...
« on: June 30, 2015 at 03:10 PM »
Hi everyone! I was on this forum 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. I spent 12 weeks on bedrest starting at 22 weeks with a short cervix and an emergency cerclage. I was on a variety of meds, in and out of the hospital a few times before delivering at 35 weeks because my water broke. It was an emotional time and having this forum helped me get through the days!

My daughter just celebrated her 4th birthday and is a happy, healthy little girl. Every year on her birthday I remember how scared I was during my pregnancy and am thankful for the community of women I found here during that time :)

I am SO thankful for her and just wanted to offer you all encouragement as you deal with a stressful, high risk pregnancy! You can do it and, in the end, it will be totally worth it!

-Michelle
due 8/1 - a girl
Mom to Blue, born 10/7/09 @ 37 weeks
Bedrest @ 22 weeks due to short cervix

Teemeg

• View Profile
Re: 4 Years Later...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015 at 10:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story. I have been on bed rest 3 weeks already and had a rescue cerclage placed about a week ago. Hearing your encouraging story is motivating especially on a day like today were I am sooooo frustrated with laying in bed. Everything aches and nothing I do seems to give me relief. Ugh!!!!

ParijatDesh

• View Profile
    • Perinatal Wellness | Parijat Deshpande
Re: 4 Years Later...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015 at 06:20 PM »
Love this! Thank you for sharing such an inspirational story of hope Michelle! Happy 4th birthday to your little miracle!
-----
Micropreemie mom & Perinatal Wellness Counselor

Helping moms with a high-risk pregnancy & on bed rest feel calmer and more confident so they can have healthier pregnancies and healthier babies.

Comprehensive, personalized support specifically for high-risk moms: http://bit.ly/laborofloveHRP