Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 25 weeks and on hospital bedrest in South Korea  (Read 2822 times)

Nomalanga

• View Profile
25 weeks and on hospital bedrest in South Korea
« on: June 30, 2015 at 01:51 PM »
Hello ladies I'm glad i came across this site. Last.year May i lost a pregnancy of 16 weeks due to incompetence cervix, was advised to do cerclage on my next pregnancy. I'm pregnant again went for a cerclage at 14 weeks. When i went for my appointment at 21 weeks the Dr noticed my cervix was dilated that very day was sent to a bigger hospital  I was put on strictly bedrest not even bathroom privileges, i was 21 weeks when i got here now i'm 25 weeks hoping for 28weeks. My cervix is too short about 0.55cm. That's not my only problem the worst is communication with drs they don't speak English ooh i'm in South Korea. So i don't even understand so many things as im clueless about pregnancy stuff. As if that was enough i'm only 3 months at my work and none of my colleagues texted or visited me, the only message i got was an email telling me i should resign if not they'll terminate my contract. I'm very frustrated as of now my hospital bill is a painful $3500 already i still have another 4 weeks to be here if not more. Although i try to watch as much tv series as i can but my mind is not on rest. My only hope is God to help me keep me and my baby safe until full term. Ladies keep me in your prayers.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015 at 09:51 PM by Angela »

Kayc78

• View Profile
Re: 25 weeks and on hospital bedrest in South Korea
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015 at 10:29 PM »
Hi,

how are you doing? I feel so bad you not only have to deal with bedrest but your dealing with it in a foreign country. Please don't feel alone and know you are in good hands in the hospital. The good thing about it you have people around you...yes strangers but there is someone around.. My husband leaves by 6:30am and gone till about 5:30pm so I'm alone for most of all day as everyone is at work too... So virtual world is my friend...text message, TV, and yes I get daily visits from family friends for about 2hrs so I look forward to those.

Hang in there and keep posted...

wbondger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015 at 06:33 AM »
Hi Nomalanga!

That sounds like a really difficult situation - hang in there. What helped me enormously was reading happy stories, on this board and beyond. There are so many - it can be done.

My heart goes out to you.

Pina217

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015 at 01:54 PM »
What a nightmare! That sounds awful and I can't believe your work is being so unsupportive! It is wonderful that you have made it to 25 weeks already, that in its self is wonderful news!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015 at 04:14 PM »
Hi, Nomalanga. I've been thinking about you. How are you doing?