Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for August 3, 2015  (Read 4116 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for August 3, 2015
« on: August 03, 2015 at 09:09 AM »
Hello! A big welcome to our many new ladies who joined last week! And to our oldies but goodies, congrats for still being here! EVERY day counts! So give us an update:

How many weeks are you? Why are you on bedrest? Any appointments this week? Will you be joining us for tomorrow’s Live Chat?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas! 
Angela

Join our live chats Tuesdays at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/symptoms-of-preterm-labor/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Phoenix11

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for August 3, 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015 at 10:38 AM »
Feeling lucky...30 weeks with twins. Contractions have stopped for now, so I'm feeling lucky for each day my little guys stay put.

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015 at 01:59 PM »
Hi all,
Today marks 34w3d! I still can't believe I have made it this far. I have been dealing with back issues due to my sciatic pain  and sometimes my little one must be pushing on my spine/nerves which numbs my legs for a while. I get my husband to massage my lower back and baby does eventually move. I see the doctor on Wednesday and will see how I'm doing. I will be getting an US to measure baby and see how he's doing.
Wish all you ladies a great week. I know I'm thankful for each passing day. Let's hang in there and have faith.

VFJFTwins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015 at 03:45 PM »
This Wednesday will be 31 weeks with our twins.. we are extremely grateful. I will be very excited once 32 comes and goes. Tomorrow also marks 9 weeks in bed.. My hips hurt and boredom is not even a stron enough word, but each day that passes I am so thankful. I have been back at home for a week now, but we will see if I remain here or head back to the hospital. I have been having some tightenings, but they are pretty spread out which they say is very common with twins at this stage.. I wish I would not have them because they stress me out.. Also, I can barely feel them, I have to push down on my uterus to even know they are there.. Anyone else have these? I am hoping they are just the "Braxton Hicks" and they are not doing anything to my cervix, but we will see on Weds.

Happy Monday and I hope you all have a great week!

Jradd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015 at 07:24 PM »
Hey everyone!  Unfortunately I am in the hospital tonight for observation.  My cervix shortened further ( something like 0.7 now) so they want to see if I am contracting.   If I am they will give me another round of steroids and if not I think I will go home.  Really hoping to last a few more weeks.....I will be at 27 weeks tomorrow.

VFJFTwins

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015 at 09:26 PM »
Hey Jradd..

I also went through that at 27 weeks and they were able to calm everything down. They did keep me in the hospital until I reached 28 weeks, so I was in about a week. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My cervix is currently down at is lowest to .4 and I just pray everyday that it will hang in there.. Are you dilated at all? I was 1 cm last week and I am hoping that has not changed on Weds at my appt. Keep us posted and try your best to stay positive.. Easier said then done, I know..

Jradd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015 at 10:11 PM »
Thanks V!

I am not dilated which is great news and no contractions on the monitor.  I will be on it all night with another check on the babies tomorrow before hopefully going home.  It gives me strength to hear of how long you have held on- I really hope I can have a similar story. 

I had a feeling we would see shortening today.  My modified bed rest just got elevated to strict bed rest!  I won't be doing much but using the restroom from here on out- every day counts!

Teemeg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015 at 10:26 PM »
I am still hanging in there. Not as active on the forum as I should. Boredom has gotten the best of me and sometimes I just lay there for hours doing absolutely nothing.

I am 26w3d. I got steroids at 25 weeks. Cervix went up to 3.2 cm and then last Thursday it was down to 2.8cm. That kinda dampened my mood but I am ok now. I keep thinking positive and keep believing God for a healthy baby girl. Finally picked out a name for her which means God has remembered....so each time I talk to her, I remind God to remember me and my struggles with fertility. We got pregnant when we were least expecting it and were busy trying to save for fertility treatments........so yeah, this angel is our gift from God and I don't imagine it will be anything less than perfect.......

I don't measured this week and that's kinda freaking me out but will keep my faith alive. Feeling her kick and move in there is just very reassuring.......be blessed y'all and let's soldiering on

Chao

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015 at 02:09 PM »
Hey, mamas! Don't miss the Live Chat. I'll be in the Chat Room until 3 pm Eastern time: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

VFJFTwins

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015 at 05:27 PM »
Just got back from my dr appointment and we are still moving forward.. Woohoo!! Very exciting and I even got to come home, the past two dr appts landed me back in the hospital. I am still dilated the 1cm, which means the contractions are not dialating me more. We are no long doing cervical length checks as my doctors do not feel that has much more meaning now.. I am ok with this.. One less thing to stress about. They did do another FFN and I should have the results back tomorrow. I am hoping for a negative because I would like positive hope about making it to at least 34 weeks with our babies. They both measured right about 3 1/2 lbs, which I am happy with considering I beat myself up because I have not gained much weight at all, but my doctors say they are not worries about that as long as the babies are growing.. I do eat as much protein as I can!

I hope all is well with everyone!

V

VFJFTwins

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015 at 04:01 PM »
Very excited to say that my FFN came back negative.. So, it sounds like the odds of our twins making it to at least 32 weeks is looking really good.. It brought happy tears :)

Jradd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015 at 07:41 PM »
Vicki- that is amazing news!  I am so happy for you!  32 weeks is incredible!