Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 23weeks completed.....23 more to go, anyone??  (Read 2005 times)

pria87

• View Profile
23weeks completed.....23 more to go, anyone??
« on: August 04, 2015 at 07:23 AM »
Hi ladies
I have posted earlier here when I was 15 weeks. Have been on bedrest sincelast 12 weeks n still doing it. Can u ladies give me new ideas to pass time on bedrest?? I generally pass time, surfing net due to curious nature reading different stuffs is my favorite pass time. I m trying to learn crocheting n read sometimes. I m bored of tv n Netflix. So new pastime ideas via internet will be appreciated. Pls don't give me ideas for baby plans as I don't want to do that till last month.

Jradd

• View Profile
Re: 23weeks completed.....23 more to go, anyone??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015 at 08:51 AM »
I got a coloring book and that has been a nice distraction!  I also crochet....just YouTube single crochet and try and make a blanket.  It is very calming as well once you get the hang of it and I am on my third blanket in three weeks.  I am making gifts for other people.

Also, consider reading a trilogy of sorts.  Not sure what you are interested in but maybe game of thrones, girl with the dragon tattoo or something lighthearted like the Harry potter series?

Best of luck to you!

ParijatDesh

• View Profile
    • Perinatal Wellness | Parijat Deshpande
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015 at 06:44 PM »
Pria87 - have you checked out Angela's pinterest board? There are some great ideas there to kill time: https://www.pinterest.com/keepemcookin/things-for-moms-to-do/

Movies, TV shows and books only took me so far but I missed actually doing something productive I taught myself to crochet on bedrest and then I made a ton of hats for all my friends who were due around the time I was.

Coloring, like Jradd, said was also really peaceful and relaxing.

Is there a hobby you've always wanted to learn?

I hope this helps!
-----
Micropreemie mom & Perinatal Wellness Counselor

Helping moms with a high-risk pregnancy & on bed rest feel calmer and more confident so they can have healthier pregnancies and healthier babies.

Comprehensive, personalized support specifically for high-risk moms: http://bit.ly/laborofloveHRP

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015 at 12:34 AM »
Things I've been to doing to stay busy:

1) writing thank you letters/cards to everyone who visits

2) reading book series

3) writing in a journal for my little squish to read when he's older

4) getting caught up with old friends I haven't spoken to in years

5) listening to music

6) pampering myself with special lotions and painting my nails

7) Chatting with nurses, house keeping and food service personnel

8) Napping

9) playing board/card games with my other kiddos
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28