Hello there, parents and parents-to-be!

We’ve moved the conversation to Facebook. Although we have turned off new registrations here, we have kept all prior posts for you to read for inspiration, information, and lots of success stories! We hope to see you on our public group or private group on Facebook.

Public Private
Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Lifted my 'bedrest' at 36w5d!  (Read 3425 times)

Kayc78

• View Profile
Lifted my 'bedrest' at 36w5d!
« on: August 19, 2015 at 04:22 PM »
Hi ladies,
Today at my OBs appointment he has given me the green light to resume my daily activities. He wants me to get moving to prevent blood clots and prepare me to get some function back in my body as my csection is scheduled for September 4th. He says blood clots are a concern in csections and by me being on bedrest for 70days he wants me to get some movement going. This pretty much scares me as I read too much and see people have their baby within a day or 2 after being taken off bedrest. Today I walked to the washroom at the hospital after my appointment and then the front desk area and let me tell you I felt like I had walked for hours!! Lower back killed and felt pressure which he mentioned it will be 'normal'. He wants baby steps and as soon as I start hurting I must lay down and relax. I realize that this is a huge step and as much as I have been waiting for the green light I'm scared as heck. But I know my baby has been staying put up to now. I'm not allowed to drive at all so I'm still stuck at home unless someone picks me up or hubby is taking me out. And I live outside the city so it's not like I can hop on a city bus or anything but I will be keeping busy in organizing the baby's room! This fills my heart with pure joy!

To all the ladies on here... Have faith and stay positive! I thank God, bedrest and help from my wonderful husband and family that I have made it this far. My advice to you all is that it can be done when you think you will never make it that far. Keep busy stay stay strong. I pray that all you ladies get the green light. But either way one day in there belly is one less day in NiCU and one day closer to meeting your LO's.

I'm starting a different journey here so I will report! Please take care everyone and keep faith and positivity!!

Pina217

• View Profile
Re: Lifted my 'bedrest' at 36w5d!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015 at 12:41 PM »
My doctor and I were laughing because it's kind of like a cruel joke when they finally do let you up off of bed rest because you are so out of shape and too tired to do anything! I've been off for a week and a half and am trying to make it another week and a half... Fingers crossed! I still can't believe I made it!

Jradd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015 at 04:30 AM »
Congrats Kayc!  Great work!

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015 at 02:28 PM »
Hi all,
It's been a few days back on my feet but it's been a huge struggle. I'm extremely exhausted. My lower backs hurts pretty bad. I went to groceries Friday and that did me for the rest of the weekend. I'm helping with dinner and dishes and I feel like I have accomplished something. It's unbelievable how the little things matter. I have had 3-5huge contractions and wow... I got scared. But baby is still hanging on in the belly.

Pina- how far are you? When are you to deliver?

Thanks Jradd!! Hang in there...

I will be checking in here like always ladies... Take care!

Teemeg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM »
One day at a time. Am so glad you are making it. Listen to your body and do not push yourself too hard. So proud of you for making it this far.....

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015 at 01:14 PM »
Thanks Teemeg!!
You just hang in there...

Jradd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015 at 01:40 PM »
So glad you are less restricted!  Just think of every little chore as a victory and take breaks in between!  Haha

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015 at 03:42 PM »
Thanks Jradd!
And yes baby steps... I'm counting down to my csection next week. I can't believe I have made it this far.

Pina217

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015 at 09:57 PM »
I am 36 weeks and 2 days. I'd like to make it to 37 weeks just for a little extra protection but at this point I'll take whatever! I haven't really noticed any huge changes since stopping the progesterone, it's just a hurry up and wait situation! I'm 3cm dilated and 80% effaced though do I'm slowly progressing in the right direction!

Kayc78

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015 at 03:13 PM »
Pina, your almost there! Hang in there and yes... But just like you ...I will take anything at this point. I was 2cm 3 weeks ago... Getting back on my feet has been brutal... But I'm taking baby steps!

Keep posted and I will post back too! 8 days for me for csection if baby still keeps in.