Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Ecstatic Over Little Things  (Read 6075 times)

jensine449

• View Profile
Re: Ecstatic Over Little Things
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015 at 11:52 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Shannon, I love your list and just added croissants to my grocery list :-) I'll have to try the gingerbread latte next trip!

So much to be thankful for today...
Yesterday I took one dose less of Procardia and I'm still alive! Contractions didn't increase yet, so fingers are crossed!
Hubby brought down my one bin of Halloween decor and I'm slowly increasing activity by doing one thing per hour. I am so in the fall mood!
Fall in central Oregon is absolutely beautiful. I join hubby when he takes my standard poodle a Emmett to run at a local park, and I sit on a bench under these beautifully festive fall trees. Fall is my favorite season!
I've been sleeping more comfortably. The couch has become my saving grace when my bed hurts my hips.
Baby Girl is still inside! 35w1d today. What a blessing!

Have a great day everyone! Hubby is spending the day cleaning and nesting--packing his hospital bag, installing car seats and helping finish the nursery. I'm excited to spend he day with him.

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015 at 11:56 PM »
What's everyone ecstatic over this week?

My list is:

1) being 37 weeks this coming Sat.!!!

2) getting released from bedrest after 3.5 long months of concern and "imprisionment"

3) being able to do some things for myself again...like returning a few things to Target and picking out some baby things for the first time this pregnancy!!!

4) getting to attend church next Sunday!!!!!

All-in-all it's gearing up to be an exciting week and the best one in months! I'm so so SO grateful for my team of doctors who knew it was best to put me on strict bedrest early on and for family, friends and hubby/kiddo's who've been as understanding as they can be without actually being the one on bedrest!

Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015 at 03:25 PM »
Hey Shannon! I love your list. Funny thing is I read your last list posted on page 1. I actually bought buttery flaky croissants at the grocery store last trip (YUM) and I'm still craving a gingerbread latte :-) Ahhh, the power of suggestion.

Today I'm thankful for the following:
I'll be 37 weeks on Friday! Even though I've hit milestones along the way, this is the first one where I will really be able to relax.
I have people who are checking in with me daily wondering when baby is coming. This includes my in-laws and my friends.
I get to return to work on Monday! That is if baby girl doesn't come by then.
I'm already dilating! The contractions are doing what they're supposed to do and fortunately they didn't do it any earlier :-)
I have been in AA for over 14 years and get to go to my first meeting Thursday since August!!!
I feel great, aside from regular pregnancy symptoms. My contractions are not skyhigh like I thought they would be coming off Procardia.
I have a wonderful husband who gets more and more excited about the baby every day! He tells me constantly!

Have a wonderful day with an attitude of gratitude ladies!

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015 at 08:19 PM »
Jensine- ah yes, the power of suggestion! I've been eating croissants also daily since the start of preterm labor and they never seem to lose their attraction! Today, I had a deli sandwich on a toasted croissant with honey ham, lettuce, tomato and herb cheese spread on both sides of the croissant....soooo tasty!

Your list is a lovely one and I'm glad you reminded be to be thankful for a husband who's excited about another baby...even though it's been 10 years since our last! We truly have so much to be grateful for and I'm amazed at how positive we all have been through all of the trials of preterm labor. God is faithful indeed!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28